• ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Right? Seems ridiculously fun.

Also if the audio isn't working for anyone, make sure you click on the sound icon to unmute it.

Crazy how quiet a supressed .45 is especially in a bolt gun. The sound of the action seems louder than the gunshot itself. Would just love to have something like this one day.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Sounds like the DeLisle Carbine, .303 Enfield with .45 barrel, uses 1911 mags
    Just watched the Forgotten Weapons and Military Arms Channel videos on the DeLisle. Sweet pieces of history! Hollywood quiet .45 ACP... Maybe that's where the smith who made this Mauser concoction got his inspiration.

Thanks for the comment, I learned something new :ingo:

Glocker99

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    Westfield
    Just watched the Forgotten Weapons and Military Arms Channel videos on the DeLisle. Sweet pieces of history! Hollywood quiet .45 ACP... Maybe that's where the smith who made this Mauser concoction got his inspiration.

Thanks for the comment, I learned something new :ingo:
    It is probably a Rhineland arms kit, they have them for Cetme/G3 too, I am in the process of building up both of them, we will see how they work.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds like the DeLisle Carbine, .303 Enfield with .45 barrel, uses 1911 mags
    I would recommed using s M1917 in .30/06 as thd base. The DeLisle required both the barrel and bolt to be machined into spiral hooks to lock together as a pseudo-breech. The .30/06 and .45 ACP have the same head size, so all you have to do is ream, rifle, and chamber the barrel.

If you are thinking of making a suppressed rifle as opposed to simply a. 45 ACP carbine, any Enfield action will be quieter since they are all, including the M1917, cock on closing actions, so there is no click like when a clock on opening action cocks.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Years ago wanted to get a bolt action, not just for shooting .45ACP but also to use for muzzleloading. Ended up converting a side lock muzzleloader instead but a dual use rifle chambered for .45ACP could have been fun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom