• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Since we are such a tight knit group of gun owners here, I figured I could get some honest answers to my questions. I have More Ar's than I need and I had these before the run up what are they worth in the real market and not ripping anybody off.

RRA Elite Comp , mid Length with bad ord tac latch, wrap around quad rail and end plate adaptor new unfired

And the second gun is a RRA Elite CAR UTE 2 with Viltor stock also unfired

I have a friend that is interested in them but he wants me to set the price so I need your help

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Swampmaster, How are you buddy? Anyway, this is a toughy...the prices I am seeing are crazy whether they be here, gunbroker or in the shops. I know someone who recently sold an AR and basically added a couple of hundred to what would have been a reasonable price a month ago. Compared to what others were going for, this was more than fair. As for me, I am neither buying nor selling at the present time. If something would come up at a fair price I would be in. Just my two cents.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    In this climate, and if they are in great shape, I would start with how much $ you have in them. I understand your desire not to gouge, but I don't think that's gouging. Just a thought.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey Swampmaster, Unless you actually need the money for your Black Rifles right now, I'd say "Hang on to them"....

The market is insane now and the markup on rifles is through the roof. Just keep them lubed up and in your safe for now, no telling WTF is going to go down in this next year with gun control.

:twocents:

TK

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    I dont need the money, But I really dont need the rifles either. But there are other things I can use the money for also, I have Three Lowers and LPK that i can build If I want more rifles like I said these just sit there. I have no Kids to pass them down to and honestly if I needed just one rifle I would grab one of the M1a before one of the Ar's

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Ok I am Not repeat not trying to sell them here!

But if you guys were in the market for a ar what would be a fair price you would be willing to pay as I know you guys to be more fair than the gb or armslist folks

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Hold on tho them, if there is some stupid ban they will double the doubled price.. Like you would be able to sell both and buy a car, a nice car, like a really nice car..

Just my pennies,

TJ

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Again, my thoughts are to hold onto them at the present moment. However, if you want an honest opinion here are my thougts on their value. Determine how much you have in each rifle. Let's say $1200. This is a good starting point. Factor in that your selling to a friend and add another $300 to $500 (which is a steal compared to what I've seen some things go for). I don't think there is anything wrong with charging a premium over what you might have charged a month ago. The fact is none of us know what is coming and it's impossible to say what these rifles will be worth in the coming weeks, months and years. We can guess. Another alternative is to place them on gunbroker and see what happens. This is just my opinion if you were to sell today. I don't know if that helps.

GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Dude you shold hold.
    If its a bro give him one, a gift.
    Otherwise, fair price is market value, check gunbroker.com .
    Fair for who? For your friend who should have got one earlier.
    What happen if the fair price tripples and he sells?
    what if the price falls? Would it be fair to give him a refund?

I'm running on fumes here.
    Don't mix friendship and money, period

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have to agree, IF it were the only option he had for self defense, I would give it to him. That is not the case. A decent 12 gage (mossy 500) is a cheap home defense gun and actually probably more effective than an AR. For a reasonable priced AR the same money would buy a decent shotgun AND a nice Handgun. So the only reason "your friend" wants one now is the fact he thinks he won't be able to buy one later. It is not your responsibility to "give" him one at less than Market Value. I personally would look at the "Sold" prices on Gunbroker if I really wanted to get rid of one. Otherwise you are "selling" the gun and handing him a few hundred dollars cash. I would hold onto the gun myself, if they are banned they will continue to rise in value - if not I think they will still retain a higher value than before just because so many people have been unable to purchase one now. If the prices stabilize and stock is replenished, many of these people will purchase one, I don't foresee the prices returning to the 2 month ago prices for many months - if ever.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    reason he asked was his "friend" sold him the rifles way cheaper than what current market value is , his "friend" was interested in buying one back at a decent price is all . He was trying to come up with an idea on what that might be

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    In this climate, and if they are in great shape, I would start with how much $ you have in them. I understand your desire not to gouge, but I don't think that's gouging. Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking, your real money plus 5-10% seems fair. If it's in good condition and everything total has cost you $1,000 ask $1,050 - $1,100

You put your time and effort getting everything, sighting it in etc, but you also put some rounds through it and a little wear and tear is inevitable.

Just my :twocents:

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    That's what I was thinking, your real money plus 5-10% seems fair. If it's in good condition and everything total has cost you $1,000 ask $1,050 - $1,100

You put your time and effort getting everything, sighting it in etc, but you also put some rounds through it and a little wear and tear is inevitable.

Just my :twocents:
    this sounds like a plan to me

Top Bottom