• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Got my clipdraw in the mail today along with a few other gun-related items, installed it on my glock 26. I'm not crazy about how it looks, but it does work well. It feels secure and hides the gun as though you were carrying "mexican", so the concealment factor is nice. Anyone else have one on a Glock? Long term issues at all? So far I like it pretty well, the finish looks cheap on it, wouldn't mind it matching colorwise a little more, or having the same coating as the slide.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I would never use a clip-draw based solely on the fact that you shouldn't carry one in the chamber without the trigger covered

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    You really should consider a quality holster. I would never have enough faith in a small peice of metal to carry a loaded gun. If it breaks you could have the same problem Plaxico had. Be careful.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    they are screwed to the pistol with a different slide cover. i would trust it, but i got a GT laser and they dont work together.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    You really should consider a quality holster. I would never have enough faith in a small peice of metal to carry a loaded gun. If it breaks you could have the same problem Plaxico had. Be careful.
    Not if you don't have a round in the chamber, you won't. This is a Glock were talking about here.

I carry my G30 with a ClipDraw and I just ordered one from my G27. Obviously, I like the little guy. Not all the time, but sometimes it is the best way for me to carry.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    get a SafeTBlock and keep that snugly planted in behind the trigger. No worries then.

If you are going to carry it anywhere but appendix, you may as well get a CompTac. I love my CompTacs...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Carrying without a round in the chamber is a bad idea. Carrying *sometimes* with a round in the chamber, and *sometimes* without is a worse idea.

The Saf-T-Blok is also a bad idea, as it requires your trigger finger to do something other than pull the trigger. I don't think a Saf-T-Blok could reliably be used under stress. It might even induce an unintentional discharge trying to use it.

*If* you were set on using a Clipdraw, I would at least have the trigger guard covered by a Raven VanGuard. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...tion/11846-new_raven_holster_really_neat.html

These are just my opinions, I'm not trying to be disagreeable or ruffle feathers. I used to carry a Taurus Millennium Pro with ClipDraw attached when I was a noob.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I don't carry chambered when using the clipdraw. If I do, I have one of these I use in conjunction with the clipdraw as it still fits just fine with the clipdraw installed. I haven't tried my Blackhawk CQC with it yet, it may not fit with the clipdraw. It's a good "range holster" but nothing I'd consider as concealable as the clipdraw or the sleeve holster I have. (see link below)

MidwayUSA - Blackhawk Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Glock 26, 27, 33, 39 Ultra-Thin 4-Layer Laminate Black

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I have used a SafTBlock. Not a big deal. You pop it out while placing your finger alongside your trigger, just before you would bend your first knuckle to place your pad on the trigger.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't carry chambered when using the clipdraw. If I do, I have one of these I use in conjunction

When the bad guy yells boo and you pull your weapon to defend your life do you remember what condition you happen to be carrying in that day? What if its "not chambered day" and you get a 'click' instead of a 'boom'?

Either way, don't you think your brain will keep you from making a quick decision just to *think* about this issue?

Food for thought. . .

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I completely agree with not altering the state of you firearm every day. Always carry it the same way. If you decide it needs to be changed, then practice a TON like that before carrying again. You HAVE to.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I completely agree with not altering the state of you firearm every day. Always carry it the same way. If you decide it needs to be changed, then practice a TON like that before carrying again. You HAVE to.

When the bad guy yells boo and you pull your weapon to defend your life do you remember what condition you happen to be carrying in that day? What if its "not chambered day" and you get a 'click' instead of a 'boom'?

Either way, don't you think your brain will keep you from making a quick decision just to *think* about this issue?

Food for thought. . .

Both of you have a good points, I'm just trying to get used to carrying chambered. It is painfully obvious to me which way I'm carrying as the gun rides higher and I notice it constantly when I've got it in the blackhawk sleeve, but it's far more comfortable for me to carry with the clipdraw, as well as better concealment. The Saf-T-Blocks were for sale on clipdraw's website, looks like I'll buy a couple of those. They don't fall out on their own too easily? Looking at them, that was the first thought that popped into my mind.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Full disclosure: I have not yet graduated to ever carrying with a round in the chamber. It's just me being overly cautious. I don't have a philosophical problem with carrying locked and loaded with a good holster. I just haven't actually done it yet. I'm sure I will eventually.

Thus, Evan's concern about variable carry states has not affected me yet. I believe he has a valid point. Therefore, once I graduate to big boy status and am carrying with a round in the chamber, I will discontinue use of the ClipDraw, unless I decide to go with the trigger lock thingy. Under no circumstances would I ever, ever, ever carry a round in the chamber with the bare ClipDraw.

I received the ClipDraw for my G27 yesterday and carried that little guy around a good part of the day in the 4:00 position. It's very comfortable. I tried the appendix carry, too, but found the sensation of the muzzle poking into my intestines when I sat down a lot unsettling.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here's a suggestion for rmcrob and others who might be concerned by carring one in the chamber:

Unload your Glock completely.

Rack the slide, causing the trigger to be forward.

Insert a full magazine.

Put Glock in holster. (or Clipdraw, pants, etc)

Now carry in this fashion as you normally would. At the end of the day, or week, or month, inspect your Glock and see if that trigger is still firmly planted in place, and hasn't "gone off".

If you practice proper firearm handling, that trigger will still be in the same place you left it. If, for some reason, the trigger has been pulled at some point, you need to re-evaluate your handgun handling practices.

This should help in getting people's confidence up.

Another great confidence builder is to take a professional pistol class. You will learn all the tried-and-true handling procedures. By the end of class, you'll feel much better about knowing how to use your firearm.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Leaving aside the questionable practices of carrying a loaded Glock with the trigger uncovered, or worse yet, a Glock (or any other defensive pistol) with an empty chamber, I have a few technical issues with the Clipdraw:

1) The orientation of the clip makes the gun ride too high and only allows for a vertical positioning of the gun. With a good kydex IWB holster like an RM Low-Rider or Raven Phantom, I can get the gun lower in the waistband and canted forward for better concealability and a more natural drawstroke, with only a slight amount of additional bulk.

2) Overtightening the attachment screws can seize up the gun. Happened to a buddy of mine.

3) Not tightening the attachment screws enough can result in the screws backing out and the gun coming detatched from the clip. Mr. Murphy says this will happen at the worst possible moment. Loctite may or may not help; the screws, by necessity, are quite short and have only a small gripping surface.

4) A gun carried in this manner is considerably less stable IWB than if it was in a proper holster. Additionally, re-"holstering" a Clipdraw-equipped pistol after use would put a HOT MUZZLE more or less in direct contact with your flesh.

IMO, the Clipdraw is one of the worst Glock accessories ever conceived - right up there with the GI Stealth, Ghost Lock, Saf-T-Blok and titanium firing pins.

Top Bottom