• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stryker1025

Plinker
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    After considerable research comparing all the details in multiple safe manufacturers (Liberty, Sturdy, Cannon, Ft Knox, Steel Water, and a couple by name brad gun manufacturers), months of saving and planning I finally got a Johnson BR-546 in Champaign color. I talked with Jeff several times over the modifications I wanted and he was very patient and great to work with- He was as excited building it as I was to get it. Upgrades: 1/2 door, 7 gauge construction, all 3/4 inch shelf with extra supports throughout, LA Gear locks, and special paint. Check out the graphics- a tribute to a man who knows his craft. I would recommend Johnson Safes to anyone serious about quality construction, attention to detail, excellent customer service, truly American Made, and getting to work with a local business owner who is serious about providing/building a quality product.

If your considering a safe or buying a second (buy all you can!) my counsel is buy a Johnson.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 157
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 185

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Did you post a pic of your safe- the 660 is awesome, who know, from what I read on this site they don't take long to fill up (buy all you can!)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Did you post a pic of your safe- the 660 is awesome, who know, from what I read on this site they don't take long to fill up (buy all you can!)

I hadn't yet, but here you go. It took me a couple hours to fill it to the brim, and that was after almost all the shelves on top of the safe to make more room.

Stryker1025

Plinker
    Mar 15, 2013
    Brownsburg
    Way cool, I just showed my wife the pick and she said "just think of all the 22lr we could put in a safe like that". I'm blessed to have her and she enjoys shooting as much as I do- though we are both just starting out and learning. Really awesome safe- thanks for sharing

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    IMAG0690_zps3d69bf69.jpg

That is amazing! I would have a tough time fighting the urge to put "his" and "hers" on the doors just for kicks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My original plan was to buy a huge safe, and turn my old optics safe into a gun safe. But I didnt get all my inventory in the big safe, so now I have 2 safes out there. I can tell you if I ever buy another safe It will be another br-660

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Not gonna last in that state, is it? I need one too. To put all the stuff from the basement in.:rolleyes:

I'm going to try, but I know myself and it doesn't look promising. All I have left to put in are my display case's, lathe, and reloading press's/equipment, and some peg board. (I've added another safe, bench, cabinet, second work bench, and shelves)

Top Bottom