• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    They've had at least one good review so I ordered the 9mm reloads when they were on sale back in January. They got swamped with orders and are just now up to filling January 20/21 orders so I'm still waiting. I also ordered some new .45 ACP which shipped promptly and I'm hoping to try out this weekend.

This is literally the only full review I've seen and it seems like all the other "reviews" simply point to it. However if there were bad things I'd think there'd be more more posts about it as bad news travels pretty fast.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Jack Ross Ammunition Review

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Military Ballistics Industries (also known as MBI) have good reloads for sale as well, i think you can find it on luckygunner.com and bulkammo.com

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    "****NOTE: Credit cards will be charged at the time of purchase, and not at the time of shipment."

Isn't that against Visa and Mastercard rules??? I don't trust companies who charge money then promise to ship later.

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    They've had at least one good review so I ordered the 9mm reloads when they were on sale back in January. They got swamped with orders and are just now up to filling January 20/21 orders so I'm still waiting. I also ordered some new .45 ACP which shipped promptly and I'm hoping to try out this weekend.

This is literally the only full review I've seen and it seems like all the other "reviews" simply point to it. However if there were bad things I'd think there'd be more more posts about it as bad news travels pretty fast.

Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Jack Ross Ammunition Review

Bumping this thread. Did you get your 9mm? How was it?

I'm considering placing an order. Any idea how many times the remanufactured ammo has been fired? I'd want to save the brass to reload.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Bumping this thread. Did you get your 9mm? How was it?

I'm considering placing an order. Any idea how many times the remanufactured ammo has been fired? I'd want to save the brass to reload.
    I did finally receive my 9mm order of reloads. They shoot fine and seem a bit hotter than the WWB & Federal that I normally use at the range. However I did encounter one round out of the 300 I've used so far that just would not chamber. Visually it looked fine but I tried several times with it and the slide would simply not completely enter battery.

I've also used 250 rounds of the .45ACP (not reloads) and they seem good as well, though I've nothing to compare them to as it's the only 45 round I have used to date.

I'd consider ordering from them again so long as I don't have to wait 2 months to receive the order.

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    I did finally receive my 9mm order of reloads. They shoot fine and seem a bit hotter than the WWB & Federal that I normally use at the range. However I did encounter one round out of the 300 I've used so far that just would not chamber. Visually it looked fine but I tried several times with it and the slide would simply not completely enter battery.

I've also used 250 rounds of the .45ACP (not reloads) and they seem good as well, though I've nothing to compare them to as it's the only 45 round I have used to date.

I'd consider ordering from them again so long as I don't have to wait 2 months to receive the order.

Thanks. On the 9mm page of their website now it does state they are in a 6 week backorder for 9mm ammo.

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Jack Ross ammunition is a sorry excuse of a business.

Found this company online. These are decent prices. Are they any good?
    In a nutshell, no. They are the most pathetic excuse of a company I've dealt with online. I ordered in March and then the website said they would be ready mid April. All emails I sent inquiring my order were met with vague tentative dates. I received one that apologized for the slight delay on my .40 rounds at the end of May. Not a slight delay and I ordered 1000 9mm rounds!!! Never got my ammo and had to dispute the charge with my credit card to get my money back. If you check on their Facebook theyve made a lot of customers upset with similar stories. Not issuing refunds. Unanswered emails/phone calls. Never once did they tell me they were moving, just kept dangling the carrot " your rounds will be done in another 2 weeks" Not a good business at all spend a little extra on a legit business and save yourself some grief.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had a few customers show up with it at our range. One guy tried to shove it through a Glock, went bang, okay. Seemed like, well, very violent ammo for 9mm. The other guy was trying to run it in an M&P Shield. Lots o' jams. Could have been the gun, but in all, the ammo seemed awefully hot for purposes there. Very sharp, loud bang. I handload and only had that sound with a VERY hot load of Titegroup (quick burning and actually over book max). The primers were pretty flat on the fired Jack Ross stuff.

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    In a nutshell, no. They are the most pathetic excuse of a company I've dealt with online. I ordered in March and then the website said they would be ready mid April. All emails I sent inquiring my order were met with vague tentative dates. I received one that apologized for the slight delay on my .40 rounds at the end of May. Not a slight delay and I ordered 1000 9mm rounds!!! Never got my ammo and had to dispute the charge with my credit card to get my money back. If you check on their Facebook theyve made a lot of customers upset with similar stories. Not issuing refunds. Unanswered emails/phone calls. Never once did they tell me they were moving, just kept dangling the carrot " your rounds will be done in another 2 weeks" Not a good business at all spend a little extra on a legit business and save yourself some grief.

I decided to take a risk and ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm. Same story as yours. Ordered it in March, no sign of it. Emailed them a few times and no response. Called my cc company, and hope this will take care of it. Gotta say, I'm really disappointed. You'd think if they are so overwhelmed with orders, they'd hire temp help and invest a bit in equipment.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I ordered from them and got my 9mm in the time frame they gave me. I'd deff buy from them again. Ammo looks new can't even tell their reloads. I think everyone who had issues just didn't wait long enough. I know it sucks waiting, but for the price I can't complain.

Top Bottom