• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Actually, it's just green laser made by NCStar.

But, at night, it's like a light-saber.

Specs:
    • NC Star Rifle Green Laser Sight.
    • All Aluminum construction.
    • 532nm Green Laser Beam <5mw.
    • Universal Barrel Mount bolts to most Rifle & Shotgun Barrels.
    • Momentary & Constant on/off cap switch and Coil Pressure Switch included.
    • Powered by 1 CR123A Lithium Type Battery (included).
    • Dimensions (inches):3.55L x 1.59W x 2.76H.
    • Weight:5.10 oz.
    I will add along with the above specs, that this laser has windage and elevation adjustments to dial it in.

In short, this this ROCKS! If you've ever thought about getting one, do it! It reflects off of ANYTHING that has the slightest bit of reflectivity. Directing the beam at the drywall from 20 feet will make you squint your eyes because it is that bright. The specs state that it will run non-stop for 3 hours in a new battery.

The mount that is comes with has a rail on the top, so I ground the rail down to fit the top of the mount between the barrel and gas tube. I threw on the pressure switch and took it outside to play with it a bit.

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have 30 mw version I use as a signaling device. It also will remove geese from your property instantly. Careful, the reflection off white objects can damage your vision.

Would not want one on a gun though. It would give away your location like a flare. Could light up a yote with it at night though.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    1. Kokomo Dave, I'm with you - my wife's handmixer melted down before Xmas and her grandmother got her a Kitchenaid Artesian Series. She made yellow cake with chocolate buttermilk icing, right out of the instruction book, and it was the bee's knees..

2. Watch out with the laser.. I've dabbled in different colors and power levels, and if you can see the beam as clearly as you claim, it could easily be strong enough to do some damage to someone's vision. I'd hate to be clearing a house and hit a mirror, blinding my own eye in the process..

Be safe with that thing!

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Well, considering it is mounted on my AK then everyone's eyesight is safe around me.

Unless, of course, my intention IS to kill you, then your eyesight is the least of my worries.

In the event I actually need to use it in a tactical situation where I want to keep my position hidden, then I will merely not use it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Don't be so certain - there's lots of items that you wouldn't think are reflective that actually are..

I wear safety googles for lasers when I play with mine..

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Be wary of that NC Star equipment. I remember the laser light combo I bought from them that jumped off the end of my old XD into the range. I also couldn't zero that thing for ****. It was constantly jumping around on my everytime I pulled the trigger. I sincerely hope you have better luck with yours than mine.

IN_Varmntr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    DeKalb County
    Don't be so certain - there's lots of items that you wouldn't think are reflective that actually are..

I wear safety googles for lasers when I play with mine..

Noted.

Now, with all due respect, if you would only note this in my original post...
    It reflects off of ANYTHING that has the slightest bit of reflectivity. Directing the beam at the drywall from 20 feet will make you squint your eyes because it is that bright.
    ...you will see that I am aware of what you stated above.

Not trying to be a smart you-know-what newbie, but some people have more smarts than their low post count tells others they have.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm just trying to help people be as safe as possible, don't worry :)

I'm a fanatic about lasers because a buddy of mine messed up his vision with one. He got one, just for fun and games, and mounted it on an airsoft AR. He modified it so it was putting out a decent amount of power, accidentally hit a pane of glass in a picture frame, and hasn't seen out of his left eye since. It was kinda scary because I was right there, in the room, and if the angle had been a little different it could be me typing with one working eye..

It's just a reminder, nothing personal at all - be safe and enjoy!!

Top Bottom