warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    When: Saturday September 14, 2013, Starting at 10AM until 3PM

Where: PROteq Range in Brazil, IN

Please sign up here if you plan on coming.

This is a chance to meet your fellow INGO friends and get in a FREE day of shooting at PROteq to check it out. You will have to sign a range waiver (non-members only. current members already have one on file) but there will be no cost. Please come directly down to the LE/M range, I will have a sign up that day, to sign in with me. Bring your HANDGUNS & RIFLES and let's do some safe shooting together. There is a .22 plinking range, 6-8 lane handgun range and a 150 yard rifle range there for our use. There are also some specialty ranges like several CAS Stages that you can check out but before we do any shooting on those I will make sure that we are allowed to do so.

Here again is the website for the range: Proteq, Brazil, IN

Directions and range rules are all there so check those out and I hope to see you there. :ingo:

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'll probably be there.

Might want to post a link to directions. I couldn't find them on the page, and Im not 100% sure where the LE/M range is to be honest, since I've never used it.

I posted two links with directions to the range, it's on the site for the range itself. :)

Maybe they aren't clear as links? Also I will have signs up to show which is the range we are meeting on when you get to the property.

here it is again: http://www.proteq.us (Contact Us Page is where the map and directions are)

Last edited:

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    The Website has a map function on the CONTACT page. The GPS address is listed on the HOME page. Lemon Valley is 300 yards SOUTH of the Brick house in a holler that runs East to West.

At the Stop Sign, at the intersection of 1200 N & 300 W...TURN SOUTH..., go 100 yards, turn into the gravel drive (next to the garden / blackberry patch), and proceed over the hill to the parking lot. See Warthog to get the paper work properly completed.

Lemon Valley (the South Range) will be open all day for you INGO Members and for others who might show up, but the INGO Members will have first choice in the use of those facilities in that valley. ALL ProTEQ Rules and Regulations will be enforced. They are BASICALLY....BE SAFE and CLEAN UP, but I highly advise you to go READ the RULES before you attend so you DON'T Break Any (I heard the old man can be harsh. HA HA). The 22/4U range requires the ammunition MUST be RIM FIRE Only (17 or 22 or air rifle)...NO CENTER FIRE AMMUNITION...the reactive targets can't handle it. The COWBOY ACTION RANGE requires PISTOL CALIBER AMMUNITION with LEAD BULLETS (NO center fire rifle ammo). That means NO Jacketed Ammo. The C.A.R. reactive targets will be damage and you run the risk of bounce back. Both of those specialized ranges will be available that day. On the C.A.R. the first Stage Miss Kitty's is the best for your use.

If you are a CURRENT ProTEQ Patron, please email me to get verification of your current status (you'll avoid paperwork that day if you bring that verification). My email is available on the website (proteq.us). If your are NOT a current patron (or you forget that verification) ....you'll be filling out a Range Release. You newbies will get to shoot for free that one day.

This event ....INGO Day... is now posted on the ProTEQ website front page banner and the September Calendar reflects the entry on Sept 14th.

Register with Warthog and come out to play.

If you need that verification email Go to the website (proteq.us) and contact me.

I hope to see some of you here on the 14th.

Last edited:

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is a great range. If you have never been there come check it out. Don (ddb40) is the owner. He's a patriot and a true supporter of the shooting sports. ProTEQ hosts Appleseed events, Cowboy Action Shoots and the Rose-Hulman shooting club. Even if you are not into CAS you will be impressed with the CAS range he has built. They offer all sorts of classes and have several ranges on the property. Truly impressive. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it for this event but go check out ProTEQ if you can.

brian

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am going to see if Don will let use one of the CAS stages for sun. Remember, if this happens it will be SOFT LEAD BOOLITS ONLY and LEAD SHOT (NO BUCK SHOT EITHER) on the steel targets. It will be easy to see if you have anything else loaded in your guns as it really pits the targets and will gain your banning from the club for life. I will let you all know what he says or more likely he will post it here if he says yes.

Remember, if you are already a member at PROteq, let Don know so he can give you a way to let me know at the sign up desk. This way you don't need to sign the waiver again and can get right to shooting and carousing with your fellow INGOers. From the looks of the sign up so far we should have a decent turn out. It will be nice putting faces to user names. Let's keep fingers crossed for a lot of sunshine and nice weather for the day.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Don said we are allowed to use one of the Stages of the CAS area so bring your Cowboy guns and ammo and let's do some shooting there too. No jacketed ammo at all, not even soft points or half jackets or lated ammo on the CAS stages. Lead only, Lead shot, no Buck Shot for shotguns. I may even load some BP cartridges to keep the skeeters away. :cool:

So we have handgun ranges, the 22 plinking range, a 150 yd rifle range and a CAS stage to shoot on. Should be lots of fun.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have one person who is already a member and Don has sent me credentials. If you are a member of PROteq already, please get in touch with DON so he can tell me who you are so I don't have to make you go through the whole waiver and rules talk. It's not like all of that is a big deal really, takes about five minutes, but it makes things move faster for all if your already done to just sign in for the day and go do some shooting.

Thanks again and I am really looking forward to meeting you folks. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's 3 weeks after my trial, which is in two weeks, so I'll be there with the sidearm the THPD confiscated, the good people of Vigo Co. willing.

If you want to come CIB I will let you shoot one of my guns unless of course you are a convicted felon and as such I would be a bad person................:):

Seriously, we will be there.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would only be a convicted Miss D. Meaner (appealin' immediately), so ya all would be clear. ;)

I tried PMing you back, CM, but you need to clean house on that mailbox o yourn.

I have boomsticks of my own besides the one THPD stole, so even if they won't givesies backsies, I'd still have my own lead and copper to send downrange.

Either way, I'll have some doozies of tales to tell of the Terre Haute justice system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom