• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I contacted Fenway and got his approval to test this. If it goes well, we'll continue to hold them and will have rifle matches thrown in.

INGO July Handgun Postal Match

Begins: Sunday, July 5th 2009
    Ends: Sunday, July 26th 2009​

Targets to be scored must be received no later than:
    Friday, July 31st 2009

If you're interested in competing, then post your intentions in this thread and and I'll PM you a link to download the target along with information on where to send it after you've shot.

Print the target, shoot, and mail it back for scoring.

1. Target:
    a. When you print the target, you'll notice that it has 4 bullseyes on a standard 8.5 x 11” piece of paper. The 4 bullseyes are labeled to give you 4 combinations of strong/weak and 2/1 handed shooting. You'll be shooting both strong hand and weak hand, one and two handed, and your final score is calculated from the same single target.

b. Your score will be based on the bullseyes from the same target. If you have a flyer, you can re-shoot it you like, but must use a new target and start over. Too many holes in one target will result in that target (and shooter) being eliminated from the match. Too many holes in one bullseye will result in the highest scoring hole being eliminated.

c. All shots count. Even flyers. If you miss the target completely or a shot hits the wrong bullseye, then be honest! That shot would count as zero. This is based on the honor system. If you shoot an extra round for one that missed the target, it's on your conscience.

2. Distance: 21 feet (7 yards)

3. Shooting: 5 deliberate shots per bullseye, 20 rounds total, shot standing and unsupported. As indicated in Rule 1 and on the target itself, you'll be shooting 4 combinations of strong/weak hand and one/two-handed.

a. Upper right bullseye: 2-handed, strong hand firing the gun.
    b. Upper left bullseye: 2-handed, weak hand firing the gun.
    c. Lower right bullseye: 1-handed, strong hand firing the gun.
    d. Lower left bullseye: 1-handed, weak hand firing the gun.

4. Scoring: Total points of 200 possible. If the hole touches a line, the higher point is awarded.

5. Sights: Open sights only.

6. 2 Categories: Rimfire and Centerfire Handguns.

7. Reporting, Submission & Posting of Scores: You may submit targets for either or both of the categories. Be sure to complete all of the information at the bottom of the target, and mail it to the address that I PM'd you when you signed up for the match. At the end of the match, I'll post the scores.

8. Signature: By signing the target, you certify that you've complied with all rules of this match.

ENTRY PM's SENT TO:
    cubsfan1984
    Mgderf
    jforrest
    Benjamin
    simpleman44
    Rotor Talker
    swmp9jrm
    wolfman
    DeadeyeChrista'sdad
    quiggly
    JBob77
    92FS
    kevinm
    Bisley Man
    Coach
    Doug
    Rookie
    Gump
    rockydog
    Truckerman79
    glock34
    Woo
    sticks4walking

Last edited:

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I assume that the first target you shoot at is the one you must send in? No practicing and sending in your best target or your second target or something like that. Be honest and print one target, shoot it, sign it, and send it in?

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I assume that the first target you shoot at is the one you must send in? No practicing and sending in your best target or your second target or something like that. Be honest and print one target, shoot it, sign it, and send it in?

b. Your score will be based on the bullseyes from the same target. If you have a flyer, you can re-shoot it you like, but must use a new target and start over. Too many holes in one target will result in that target (and shooter) being eliminated from the match. Too many holes in one bullseye will result in the highest scoring hole being eliminated.

c. All shots count. Even flyers. If you miss the target completely or a shot hits the wrong bullseye, then be honest! That shot would count as zero. This is based on the honor system. If you shoot an extra round for one that missed the target, it's on your conscience.

To clarify, you may start over with a new target if you have a flyer. If you like the looks of your current target's score, even though there's been a flyer, and you're going to use that target and NOT start over, then be honest and count it as a zero.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Video tape your shoot, post on youtube, and scan and post the target. :)

What I hate is that I consistently shoot through the same hole time after time. :)

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Video tape your shoot, post on youtube, and scan and post the target.

You could do that, but that's not how this one's set up, and isn't necessary. Hopefully everyone entering realizes that this is for fun, and is based on the honor system. There's no need to videotape and post for proof, etc. Just enter and have fun! Winner gets bragging rights :)

I updated the orginal post to show those officially entered so far...all PM's have been sent to those entered so far. Who else is in?

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Maybe it's just me, but "Postal" and "Handgun" sent my mind in a totally different direction! :dunno:

Stereotyping? :nono:

These are common and fairly popular on some other websites, and offer some cheap, fun, and easy competition amongst INGO members. It also offers a good excuse to go out and shoot more. All +'s in my opinion.

Can we keep the thread limited to questions and sign ups? In other words, let's keep it on track so we're allowed to continue these if the interest is there!

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Stereotyping? :nono:

These are common and fairly popular on some other websites, and offer some cheap, fun, and easy competition amongst INGO members. It also offers a good excuse to go out and shoot more. All +'s in my opinion.

Can we keep the thread limited to questions and sign ups? In other words, let's keep it on track so we're allowed to continue these if the interest is there!
    Well, pardon my interruption! :rolleyes: Take a pill, man and keep your condescending, finger-waving to yourself.

This may indeed be "common and fairly popular," but I've never heard of it. Perhaps you would have understood that if you weren't so busy throwing labels around.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    I'll give it a try, but I need a definition of terms. Strong hand, weak hand. I am mostly left-handed but do some things right handed including shooting. Because I write left-handed but normally shoot right-handed, would you consider my strong hand my right for this event?

Top Bottom