• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    There is another thread about this floating around here somewhere, but I made sure to participate by wearing my holster around so that everyone could see it. Many already knew what was going on.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    "You can't guarantee that people won't use those firearms irresponsibly,"

And you can guarantee that no one has the ability to defends themselves.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I believe that we are just seeking other Indiana gun owners to go to the Indystar story and put their two cents in for that comment section. Also, surprisingly, the Indystar did not put a bias into this article.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    My post...

1) These "kids" (those over 18) are already allowed to carry everywhere else except on campus while attending class. Do you think allowing them to do it on campus is really going to cause every student to run out and buy a gun and get a carry license? Those who already have them haven't caused any problems so far when they carry elsewhere, why would going to class be any different?

2) Those who argue college "kids" are all drunken idiots... We are talking about CAMPUS, students don't sit in their lecture halls and get wasted. Not to mention all the places where they drink (bars, apartments, etc.) they can ALREADY CARRY!

3) Most people would be surprised how many college students already carry on campus anyway. Its not illegal, its only university policy. If they conceal it properly, nobody knows... unless they have to remove it from its holster for some reason. If that happens, it means their life is being threatened, I bet at that point they don't care if they get expelled.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I always wonder how old someone has to be before they reach the age of majority to some people. Seriously the two people that were in the indystar article are both 24 years old. Last time I checked they were no longer kids. Just goes to show the diminutive view that some take of college students as completely irresponsible.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    How many motor vehicle accidents are there a year on those campuses?

Not only that, the policy is obviously a failure. A double shooting with a homicide many years back. A suicide involving a gun many years back. And recently, students reported being robbed at gun point. Maybe they should post more "No Guns Allowed" signs?

Top Bottom