• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ok INGO, I have a one day VIP pass that gets you free entry. Good any day.

First to bump the thread with an I’ll take it takes it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Little old lady, probably 70 something, was wearing a desert camouflage tactical vest. COOL!!

So I 20 something lady, wearing house slippers. Not cool…

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My counterparts have got the booth today. I'm getting ready to head to the ball-field with my nephew.

The conditioned air was cranking good yesterday in the Expo Hall.

Back tomorrow!

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I got some primers for 6.5 cents. They are the ones from Spain but they all worked for me last time. Got a pound of CFE-P for $36. 20 .454 Casull loaded in Starline brass with hollow points for $35. I had $600 burning a hole in my pocket and left with most of it. I have a Glock 44 I was hoping could get me a discount on something made out of metal but nothing to be found in the sea of plastic. At least I got the primers I guess. I fell like something ran a lot of the vendors off. Was it the organizers?

21d3b7725b9298e261861b0e9ab69d06.jpg

The guy had a ton of these primers for $65 a box, but theres $25 in parking and entry so… I should have got 6 of them. Im still looking out for CCIs, those were all stupid expensive. $110-200 for 1000.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I got some primers for 6.5 cents. They are the ones from Spain but they all worked for me last time. Got a pound of CFE-P for $36. 20 .454 Casull loaded in Starline brass with hollow points for $35. I had $600 burning a hole in my pocket and left with most of it. I have a Glock 44 I was hoping could get me a discount on something made out of metal but nothing to be found in the sea of plastic. At least I got the primers I guess. I fell like something ran a lot of the vendors off. Was it the organizers?

21d3b7725b9298e261861b0e9ab69d06.jpg

The guy had a ton of these primers for $65 a box, but theres $25 in parking and entry so… I should have got 6 of them. Im still looking out for CCIs, those were all stupid expensive. $110-200 for 1000.
    As far as less vendors, the shows in the Expo Hall are always smaller shows.

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    I was there today too. First time I've been since January 2020 and definitely felt like the mix of vendors was not that same as past shows (even the ones on this weekend in the expo hall in past years).

My observations:
    - only one vendor selling steel targets (or any kind of targets for that matter).
    - very little in the way of reloading stuff. Equipment was practically nil. A little powder here and there (way over priced) and handfull of primers. If I had not picked up some Unis Ginex primers a few weeks ago, I probably would have bought a few boxes of the Argentine ones for $65/1000.
    - lots of AR stuff, even more than I remember (was thinking if a ban ever does happen this show will he about half the size).
    - a few non-gun vendors hit me up right from the start (I started along the south wall and was asked about getting my glasses cleaned, and if I go to a chiropractor in the first 15 minutes)
    - I noticed that Bobcat Steel/Bobcat Armamnet was missing.

Last edited:

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I was there today too. First time I've been since January 2020 and definitely felt like the mix of vendors was not that same as past shows (even the ones on this weekend in the expo hall in past years).

My observations:
    - only one vendor selling steel targets (or any kind of targets for that matter).
    - very little in the way of reloading stuff. Equipment was practically nil. A little powder here and there (way over priced) and handfull of primers. If I had not picked up some Unis Ginex primers a few weeks ago, I probably would have bought a few boxes of the Argentine ones for $65/1000.
    - lots of AR stuff, even more than I remember (was thinking if a ban ever does happen this show will he about half the size).
    - a few non-gun vendors hit me up right from the start (I started along the south wall and was asked about getting my glasses cleaned, and if I go to a chiropractor in the first 15 minutes)
    - I noticed that Bobcat Steel/Bobcat Armamnet was missing.

- Theres usually one guy with three tables of paper targets. I didn’t see him either.
    - I totally would buy dies and tools, especially used ones, there were none. Seems like there would be at least one. Plainfield Shooting Supplies should have a booth. I got some old wolf primers at the last show from the same guy that had the $65 primers and 30 of the 1000 we’re missing.
    - Joes ban is just pandering. No chance that’s happening. Its not quality AR stuff. Its all cheapo. There was one vendor that had a spinning rack of complete uppers. And other AR stuff. He had quality AR stuff. He wasn’t there.
    - One guy with three tables of every magazine imaginable with black net to prevent theft. He wasn’t there.
    - Large booth that usually has 4 Anderson lowers for $200. I noted their shelving and setup so I could find them again. Not there.
    - Old couple with gold color glass displays. They always had a ton of used pistols. Not there.

ACME had a good selection of used guns for reasonable price, just nothing I wanted.

There are lots of vendors I like and look out for. They were all missing.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE from the 1500.

Whoever stopped by to say hello yesterday… hello!

It is Sunday… I didn’t buy anything Friday… Have money, burning a hole in my pocket as grandpa would say.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stop by ZX Guns… they are an advertiser and the staff is bored and wandering.

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    It was the worst Indy 1500 since Covid in my opinion.
    I was able to walk through it all in about 90 minutes, which for me was an indication that it was definitely "down" - at least with regards to things I was interested in/looking for. It used to take me at least 2 and half hours, and that was before I started dealing with a messed up foot, which has slowed me down considerably.

I'll try again in the fall when it moves back to the other building. The smaller shows (i.e. the Lafayette show) were way way down for a while, but they seem to be picking back up, hopefully the same happens with this show. Time will tell.

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    - Its not quality AR stuff. Its all cheapo.

I did pick up a complete 9mm AR upper with BCG for $399. No doubt there are higher quality ones out there, but the vendor selling this one had decent reviews so I felt OK making the purchase. Definitely won't be doing any mag dumps or anything like that with this one, tho.

Top Bottom