• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    As match Director (with a lot of help from Jeff) let me dispell some bad info. Reloads and lead bullets ARE ALLOWED at This IDPA Match at Top Guns. If anyone has any questions please contact me or call the store directly and ask for Alex Ringwald (Alex is one of the head gurus at Top Guns)

In the future please contact me if you have any questions.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Good to know. Couldn’t find any reference to reloads or lead on their website. Only thing mentioned was no reloads in their rental guns which is understandable.

Looking forward to the shoot.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    As match Director (with a lot of help from Jeff) let me dispell some bad info. Reloads and lead bullets ARE ALLOWED at This IDPA Match at Top Guns. If anyone has any questions please contact me or call the store directly and ask for Alex Ringwald (Alex is one of the head gurus at Top Guns)

In the future please contact me if you have any questions.

Are you the Alex that looks cute in a skirt or that other Alex? :):

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    That is good news then as I have been looking forward to the match. I wasn't sure about the reloads or the lead factor (an indoor range near me won't allow reloads) so I did call the range and the young lady gave me the no reloads info. Sorry about the confusion. I did go to practiscore and withdraw form the match, can you reinstate me? Jim.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Are you the Alex that looks cute in a skirt or that other Alex? :):

I'm not Alex I'm Everett. Since I redid my account (suoid phone) I can not respond to apMs yet. So anyone that withdrew please show up and we will re add you. We anticipate some walk ons since it was on their FB page.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    That is good news then as I have been looking forward to the match. I wasn't sure about the reloads or the lead factor (an indoor range near me won't allow reloads) so I did call the range and the young lady gave me the no reloads info. Sorry about the confusion. I did go to practiscore and withdraw form the match, can you reinstate me? Jim.

Your first mistake was getting your info from a woman ! :dunno:

RRamsey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2015
    sullivan
    Just finished the match and want to say that Everett Snyder and Jeff Oakes did a great job putting on the match. I had a great time even though I am normally a USPSA competitor. If was fun to compete with the shield that is my everyday carry gun.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    For a commercial Gun Store to host an event like this is fantastic. Top Guns is a real shop for real shooters. Way to go guys. Thanks to everyone who helped put this on and the volunteers that go the extra mile for the sport.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    Many thanks to my ACC IDPA buddies Dale, Jim & Jim, my Wildcat IDPA buddies Larry, Keith, Rob and Kelly and my USPSA buddies Tom, David, Jeff and Steve, and my all round buddy Rhino.

Also want to thank every Everett and Top Guns and Alex for helping to get IDPA going in Terre Haute.

Jeff

Last edited:

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Like others have said, great time and great facility!

Jeff did a fantastic job with designing the stages and running the squad.

One of these days I will get the hang of IDPA, too many points down today but looking forward to the February match.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a good time and the facility is very impressive. It's YUGE! The stages made good use of the available space and everything went pretty well other than some weird PractiScore-related issues on our tablet. If I'm available, I'll probably shoot the next match as well.

The only downside (other than shooting not very well) was the customer (not a match participant, dark hair, bear, wearing a navy blue hoodie) who pointed a rental gun at me at least three times when he was careless waving it around while talking near the counter. He swept a lot of other people too, but I don't know if anyone else noticed. Stuff like that happens at gun shops and gun shows all the time, but it's unacceptable. I don't know what can be done about it other than correct the behavior at the time. At a shooting range, though, it's even more unacceptable if that's possible.

I mentioned it to the fellow behind the counter who was in charge, so hopefully he had a talk with the guy. In retrospect, I wish I had politely but firmly told the guy to stop pointing his gun at people. I don't know why I hesitated because I'm normally not "shy" about doing that, but it maybe it was because I was new to the place.

Top Bottom