Decatur
    List of Maximum Distances By Club

Wildcat - 350
    Hillside - 1000
    ACC - 45
    North Porter - 100
    South Central - 100
    We The People - 400

Hillside won't go past 400 for required shots and may throw bonus targets at 600.

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    very nice! 2 ranges that can get to 400 is excellent and with some of Tony's ideas for 300-350 he comes up with this is gonna be a fun year indeed!

Girth6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Plainfield
    Shot Hillside last weekend had a blast. This was only my second 3gun competition, and all involved we super cool to me and my friends. Planning on doing most of the INMG series except for down south, we travel from the northern illinois area so south of Indy can be a drive.

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    Shot Hillside last weekend had a blast. This was only my second 3gun competition, and all involved we super cool to me and my friends. Planning on doing most of the INMG series except for down south, we travel from the northern illinois area so south of Indy can be a drive.
    You shoot at Polo?

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Glad you had fun. 73 shooters was an amazing turn out. We have already fixed the registration issues that caused us to fall behind right off the bat.

Girth6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Plainfield
    Question for you guys, what type of choke do you run in your shotguns. I was using a imp/mod and I had some trouble with the plate rack on stage four. Looking at the video my buddie took I was smashing it, but it wouldn't fall with 2 3/4 8's. Just trying to figure out the choke/ammo combo for future stages. That being said other people in my group had problems with the plate rack as well.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Question for you guys, what type of choke do you run in your shotguns. I was using a imp/mod and I had some trouble with the plate rack on stage four. Looking at the video my buddie took I was smashing it, but it wouldn't fall with 2 3/4 8's. Just trying to figure out the choke/ammo combo for future stages. That being said other people in my group had problems with the plate rack as well.

I'm no shotgun expert but I ran a improved cyliner in my 24" barrel. light load 7-1/2s. I had one make up shot on the rack. I think it was a bit trickier since they were small but heavy plates. You had to be a bit more precise with them. If you were low, the front deflecting plate would a lot of the pattern. I think most use modified or improved cylinder, but have a mix to swap out depending on the targets.
    -Tim

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I used improved cylinder. No problems with it that I remember. Tim nailed it. They are small and heavy plate and demand a little bit more attention.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I had a blast and i'm actually sitting at 8th overall right now. not that that means anything as i simply cannot make saturday matches...Cant wait to see you guys at the next one.

Top Bottom