• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cookac88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I have been told by a few people that I should get my lifetime carry permit this year because they are getting rid of the lifetime and only doing 4 year terms. Does anyone know or have heard about this? Thanks

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) You should get your lifetime. It is just the right thing to do!
    B) No, it is not going away. That would take new legislation, and nothing is in the works.
    C) Maybe, if we are lucky, it WILL go away someday and be replaced with "Constitutional Carry" with a cheap permission slip for reciprocity purposes.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I've heard the rumor too.. I've been telling people to get there lifetime while they can also. If not for political reasons Indiana could get rid of it for revenue reasons such as they did with the lifetime hunting permit. Hope someone comes along and posts some truth to the rumors...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Rule #1: don't believe everything you hear at gun shops and gun shows.

The LT LTCH isn't going anywhere. It would take an act of the Indiana legislature to do away with it. If any kind of bill is proposed - it'd be all over INGO in an instant.

But yes - please go ahead and get your LT LTCH.

-J-

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    No rumor! A friend heard it from the sister-in-laws, ex-husband's uncle's wifes, twin sisters boyfriend, who knows someone who works for the isp and they swear it's true!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To best of my knowledge, I traced it to a Clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department who thought she was saving herself work by telling people it was being abolished.

It has validity as:

1. The lifetime hunting license was terminated by IDNR.

2. People do not watch Schoolhouse Rock anymore and sleep in Civics class.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0[/ame]

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :runaway: ahhhhh! What are we to do?

I got my Lifetime about 2 months after they began offering them. You had to wait until your current license had less than 6 months to expiration to be eligible to apply for the Lifetime.

I had 8 months left on my current license, so I had to wait 2 months. At that time it took upwards of 12 weeks! to get your license.
    No computers, no on-line applications, no L-1 fingerprinting.

You had to type out your application and hand deliver it to your local authority, along with a money order (no cash- NO CHECKS, no credit cards) for the locals, and another money order for the state. Locals took your fingerprints and submitted your application to the state. Wait 12+ weeks and you were good to go!

Even though you had to endure all the aforementioned "hardships" to obtain your Lifetime license, I found all of that more desirable than repeating the process every four years.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    To best of my knowledge, I traced it to a Clerk at the Howard County Sheriff's Department who thought she was saving herself work by telling people it was being abolished.

It has validity as:

1. The lifetime hunting license was terminated by IDNR.

2. People do not watch Schoolhouse Rock anymore and sleep in Civics class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

If we got Superman to circle the Earth really fast, again, do you suppose we could turn Obama-care from a law, back to "...just a Bill?"

I know, wishful thinking.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    I've heard that rumor for years.... It's still here, you never know. When I got my lifetime license a couple years ago, and was chatting with with the local LEO, he thought they would get rid of it simply to get more revenue from people renewing every 4 years. He also mentioned that if they did get rid of it, there wouldn't be any guarantee of them actually grandfathering in those of us who already have it.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Definitely get lifetime. Did mine online and L1 fingerprint. Took like 2 weeks to get the license. I've too heard the rumor....

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I literally clicked this thread saying to myself, "Please be someone asking if the lifetime LTCH is going away, Please be someone asking if the lifetime LTCH is going away, Please be someone asking if the lifetime LTCH is going away, Please be someone asking if the lifetime LTCH is going away."

Top Bottom