• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    “The thing is that if the FDA agents come in and they meet with the farmer and the farmer wants them to come in, I don’t have a problem with that,” Rogers said. “But in this case Mr. Hochstetler did not want the agents there. This is an administrative rule of the federal government and I think people are tired of the federal government walking all over everybody and it is time to take a stand for states’ rights.” - Brad Rogers
    This is what a sheriff is used, for PROTECTING the people who elect him! +1 Mr. Rogers

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Then there is this nugget:
    Ross Goldstein is the Justice Department attorney who is investigating Hochstetler’s operation. Friday he declined to comment on the case, saying federal law prohibits him from talking about grand jury cases.
    But Goldstein did email Rogers and warned him that interfering with a federal investigation could be prosecuted as a felony and would carry up to a three-year term in prison. Goldstein also cited the federal “supremacy clause” that the Supreme Court has interpreted as making federal rules and laws superior to local ones.
    I for one am glad the Sheriff told the Feds to stuff it. It is quite likely we could see more and more of these jurisdictional and "supremacy" issues as the administrative law (created by the federal administrations and agencies ) books continue to balloon, encroaching on more and more state and individual sovereignty. The expansion of EPA regulations, and the on set of "Obama Care" comes to mind.

Hats off to the sheriff. :yesway:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Finally... good to see a local Indiana sheriff standing up. Now if we can get more of them back on our side.

As the article eludes to further down it's more about the sale of raw milk than anything else. The FDA doesn't want to see people "getting around" their rules. So they get all pissy. They need to go get bent. This, from what I can tell, is a private partnership between the farmer and those that buy into the herd. The farmer isn't distributing the milk to the mass's.
    One more instance where the federal government needs to keep their noses out if it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This guy has been threatened prison for doing what is right. Disgusting. How can we support this guy more than just giving him an atta boy?

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Food issues are sort of a hot button issue for me and my wife. This story is only scratching the surface. If you dig a little deeper you'd be shocked at what you find. The FDA is just another government bureaucracy corrupted by big agriculture. Here is a taste.

Institute for Responsible Technology -

At least read through the section about milk. It should shed some light on why FDA bozos are trying to shut down an honest milk producer.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wonder if the Sheriff reminded that idjit that according to the Constitution, the Feds only have jurisdiction in interstate commerce, so catch it going over the state line or get bent....

Top Bottom