• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardKnox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Vincennes
    I went through the whole process and got everything paid the week after christmas. Still have not got anything in the mail...how long is the average wait to get my actual permit?

Thanks

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I went through the whole process and got everything paid the week after christmas. Still have not got anything in the mail...how long is the average wait to get my actual permit?

Thanks

You mean your license? ;) There's a forum devoted to this question. I'm not as savvy as others on this site, but I'm sure somebody will link you to it.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Probabaly a little longer because of the recent influx of applications.... I have no proof just my assumptions

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Mine expires in November, so I lifetime renewed it the first week of January...did the L1 fingerprints etc etc...was told by local PD that since I did it all electronically my wait would be about 12 weeks...had I not gone through L1, they said it would be almost 6 months. So I won't worry about it until sometime in May I guess.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    LTCH WAIT

I sent mine in the last week of September and I'm still waiting. I dont know if this would make any difference but for some reason I cant explain mine had expired about 7 months before I noticed it. I dont know if that could cause more delay.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My nephew has been waiting since 8-2012. He did have a couple of DUI's as a youngster, and I hope that's the reason for his delay. He is otherwise eligible.

Be patient.

sandwich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    I sent mine in the last week of September and I'm still waiting. I dont know if this would make any difference but for some reason I cant explain mine had expired about 7 months before I noticed it. I dont know if that could cause more delay.

I completed my documentation at the Evv PD on 11/28 and it was around the middle of January when miy lifetime carry arrived. To any of you awaiting yours, especially first timers, CHECK YOUR INFO on the permit. They accidenally printed my work address instead of my home address. I called the state police and they had a new one corrected, printed and at my doorstep within a week.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Believe it. My BIL took 6 months, sister applied at same time just got hers at 8 months. Both have spotless records. One more reason Indiana should go constitutional carry and stop charging us for our god given rights.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I did the electronic fingerprints and had my application done on 8-8-12 and the state police said they processed my application on december 12 and sent it to the background department... still waiting.. so.. yeah it could take awhile..

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My wife started hers back in October, messed around, and finally went to finish it last week. The lady at St. Joe Co. Jail said she should get it in 4 weeks. But if she had started from scratch last week, 6 months.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Holy crap the wait time has gone nuts. Im so glad I got mine a few years ago, and it only took 6 days from the point of L1 fingerprints to recieving my pink permission slip. Glad I will never have to do that again though!

Good luck to all of ya!

Top Bottom