• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    In defense of LEO's this particular policy isn't based on monetary gain for them or the agency. I do not know if IMPD are auctioning off the weapons or if they are currently ordered destroyed. This is simply removing firearms from the general populace without a valid legal reason for their removal. Policy is set by order of the Chief who is appointed by the Mayor. The IACP isn't a friend to the average citizen or policeman and has strong influence in most larger departments and they are a strong advocate of seizing and banishment of all firearms from all citizens.

IACP

You're exactly right... I didn't mean to imply that it was based on that at all. Just a thought went through my head that if they're going to go to the extent of fingerprinting a legal owner, why not fingerprint the cops who refuse to return the weapons? Seems just as logical.

You get my point... don't bust my chops too bad today... I'm aweful tired.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I was told they destroy all confiscated weapons that are not returned to the owner. That said, if no one audits the records, or if they are audited by sympathetic groups, who would know if certain rare or expensive firearms never made it into the arc furnace?

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Has no one tried to sue the city over this or have I missed that somewhere? What if any are the results of those suits?

Also, this kind of helps to put the ol' kabosh on the "elect Republicans to save your guns" meme, huh? Just one more example of Republicans/conservatives being just as dangerous to our gun rights as Democrats/liberals, & a home-grown example at that.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom