• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    Does anyone know the details of the cities in IL that have enacted an AWB? Specifically, I frequently travel through IL for trips up in the woods up in northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan, and I usually take a rifle and a handgun unloaded and in a case in the trunk. This was always legal in the past, but I want to make sure it still will be. I take 294 all the way around until it merges with 94 way up on the north side of Chicagoland, and then 94 up into Wiconsin. 1: When does the "AWB" in IL take effect, 2: Does my route go through any of the prohibited areas, and 3: Does the AWB in IL cities in fact prohibit an Indiana resident from transporting them through those areas without stopping? And yes, I'm talking about ARs and Glocks, etc, not just bolt action hunting rifles.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Does anyone know the details of the cities in IL that have enacted an AWB? Specifically, I frequently travel through IL for trips up in the woods up in northern Wisconsin and upper Michigan, and I usually take a rifle and a handgun unloaded and in a case in the trunk. This was always legal in the past, but I want to make sure it still will be. I take 294 all the way around until it merges with 94 way up on the north side of Chicagoland, and then 94 up into Wiconsin. 1: When does the "AWB" in IL take effect, 2: Does my route go through any of the prohibited areas, and 3: Does the AWB in IL cities in fact prohibit an Indiana resident from transporting them through those areas without stopping? And yes, I'm talking about ARs and Glocks, etc, not just bolt action hunting rifles.
    If it were me, I would separate the upper and lower, keep any mags or ammo away from the gun, maybe take the stock off if you like, (they hate those deadly telescoping stocks) and keep everything locked up. If it's in pieces, the likelihood of getting into trouble for it is very slim IMO. I'm not a lawyer though.

Edit: on the glocks i don't see how you would have a problem other than with the magazines. Maybe take those apart too, I know in California you can have the parts to a hi cap magazine, you just can't put them together.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Federal peaceable journey law applies. It doesn't matter how black or evil or banned a given firearm is in a given metroplex. As long as you stay on the freeway while traversing through the Stalinist regime's terriroties, you're travelling from point A, where the firearm is legal, to point B, where the firearm is legal. Point C, being a point along the journey, doesn't matter whether they ban it or not. That being said, make sure your vehicle is in good repair, properly fueled and maintained, and that your bowels are empty and your belly full prior to entering such a political subdivision's turf.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    You can by law but if you get pulled over and get asked about firearms or if you are asked to allow the law to search your vehicle they may take your guns. I know a SASS shooter that was speeding, got pulled over, was asked about firearms. They took his guns even though he was going to a shoot. He was told he would have to sue to get the guns back. Guns were worth $1500-$2500, to sue was $5000-$7,000 so he paid the speeding ticket and lost his guns.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    You can by law but if you get pulled over and get asked about firearms or if you are asked to allow the law to search your vehicle they may take your guns. I know a SASS shooter that was speeding, got pulled over, was asked about firearms. They took his guns even though he was going to a shoot. He was told he would have to sue to get the guns back. Guns were worth $1500-$2500, to sue was $5000-$7,000 so he paid the speeding ticket and lost his guns.

The term for that is, "Robbery".

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    What locality would take cowboy action guns? What guns did he have taken? A single action revolver or a double shotgun? I'm not aware of a locality that bans shotguns.

Top Bottom