If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Sorry, but I'm not going to go there. Fine I will, that entire idea was just total bat **** crazy and if you possibly believe it well...
    The point of posting something "out there" is to get people think about what's really going on. The government and their insane vaccine push with people losing their jobs over BS is what's crazy. What they're doing with masking children is child abuse and vaxxing then is murderous. If you're an adult then you're on you own.

As to the mild illness and showing up in the ER, I got nothing. Except maybe overblown fear stemming at least in part to the media and others.
    ADE and immunity problems from the vax are creating sickness. It's ramping up along with cardiac issues and clotting. I know a lot of people with severe side effects. I leave with more to think about...The election flu is the setup, the Vax is the Bioweapon :@ya: :wrongdoor: Oops, forgot to add Depopulation agendas by Government and financial prostitution by big Pharma and Hospital systems:runaway:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    From what I am seeing and hearing lately, if i was getting a booster i would not get Moderna. Seeing some odd presentations within a week of receiving it. And that's just in my sphere.

Of course i learn this a few hours after my dad took it.

I say this as someone who wants at risk people to get boosters. Admitted a sick lady last night who has vaccinated. And had a booster, but only ten days ago. She had respiratory issues but dehydration was her bigger problem.

It feels like this is the most COVID I've seen in the ER at one time. Maybe it's skewed because we have no beds and they just sit in the ER though. Seeing a lot of young people with mild illness and scratch my head as to why they are there :dunno:
    I personally got Moderna on two original shots and booster. Considered getting Pfizer booster for potential synergies but decided against it (sort of arbitrarily). I had very mild side effects for about a day, but nothing major and nothing new I've noticed since. What are people seeing with it around you?

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    From what I am seeing and hearing lately, if i was getting a booster i would not get Moderna. Seeing some odd presentations within a week of receiving it. And that's just in my sphere.

I say this as someone who wants at risk people to get boosters. Admitted a sick lady last night who has vaccinated. And had a booster, but only ten days ago. She had respiratory issues but dehydration was her bigger problem.

It feels like this is the most COVID I've seen in the ER at one time. Maybe it's skewed because we have no beds and they just sit in the ER though. Seeing a lot of young people with mild illness and scratch my head as to why they are there :dunno:
    I was at the southside Franciscan ER on a recent slow Saturday night; the clean, to-the-bone slice down my thumb left no question as to why I was there. Anyway, I got to see the tech and the doc relatively quick with only one person ahead of me. The mask protocol was pretty loose behind the big swinging doors. As i was getting stitched up, the doc made a curious comment. “Now you‘ll be able to say you were here for the end of covid,” with an raised eyebrow. Not exactly sure where he was going with that, but he was otherwise pretty chipper and conversational and had nothing to say at all about shots, boosters, variants, or viral loads.

WARNING - UNRELATED ASIDE:
    There was one patient ahead of us (my local native neighbor gave me a lift) who had the “aspiring rapper” look to him including the pants at half mast. The admitting nurse asked why he was there. He replied, “My friend hit me with his car, but not that hard.” Without missing a beat, neighbor says, “Hit ya hard enough to knock your belt off.” Caught me off guard enough to not be able to stifle my guffaw.

We saw the same guy after I got admitted. His pants were pulled up.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have been fully in the "people have made up their minds" camp for some time.

I admire tbhausen for his optimism in suggesting that people reassess from time to time.
    Thank you. I’m still reassessing. Hell, I just got the booster. I don’t think I’m glowing in the dark or anything… yet.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

I got the Moderna booster exactly one week ago today, after receiving the second dose of Moderna on April 12. Like others, I would really appreciate if you would expand upon this for us.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here’s an update. Thanks for your prayers, everyone! It sounds rough but it could be much worse.

“**** Update from ****

— surgery went well today - no complications. He looks a lot more comfortable so hopefully within these next couple days he'll be able to wake up and continue on track of coming down off the vent

But overall, great news”

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I found another reason to reassess periodically yesterday. After all this time I finally decided to get the vaccine. Decided that the J&J was the one that suited me the best. Got to the inoculation site, waited 45 minutes in line to register only to be told that they no longer gave the J&J at that site. Was instructed to revisit the State website and pick a site that had the J&J. The ironic thing was that one hour prior, the State website showed this particular site did dispense J&J.

Fired off an email to Dr. Box about the situation. To my surprise I received a reply. Turns out that IDOH made the decision on 12/17 to discontinue dispensing J&J. A search showed nothing published regarding this change in dispensing policy.

Found out CVS and Walgreen aren't dispensing the J&J. They stopped back in August from what I can find in news releases.

I ended up going to an independent pharmacy in Greenfield to receive the J&J.

So the moral to this story: If you are sitting on the fence and thinking that if you are 'forced' to get vaccinated, you'll go with a J&J, you may find it in limited supply. It won't be from demand, but from bureaucratic policy decisions.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I found another reason to reassess periodically yesterday. After all this time I finally decided to get the vaccine. Decided that the J&J was the one that suited me the best. Got to the inoculation site, waited 45 minutes in line to register only to be told that they no longer gave the J&J at that site. Was instructed to revisit the State website and pick a site that had the J&J. The ironic thing was that one hour prior, the State website showed this particular site did dispense J&J.

Fired off an email to Dr. Box about the situation. To my surprise I received a reply. Turns out that IDOH made the decision on 12/17 to discontinue dispensing J&J. A search showed nothing published regarding this change in dispensing policy.

Found out CVS and Walgreen aren't dispensing the J&J. They stopped back in August from what I can find in news releases.

I ended up going to an independent pharmacy in Greenfield to receive the J&J.

So the moral to this story: If you are sitting on the fence and thinking that if you are 'forced' to get vaccinated, you'll go with a J&J, you may find it in limited supply. It won't be from demand, but from bureaucratic policy decisions.
    The J&J vaccine has been linked to Gillian-Barre' syndrome, and the FDA released an updated warning on Dec 15 that warns of the risk of thrombosis (blood clots) related to the J&J vaccine. That is why many health departments are dropping it as an option. It's not bureaucratic red tape. It actually has a higher rate of deadly side effects. Even though the FDA told us for over a year that it was perfectly safe.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    The J&J vaccine has been linked to Gillian-Barre' syndrome, and the FDA released an updated warning on Dec 15 that warns of the risk of thrombosis (blood clots) related to the J&J vaccine. That is why many health departments are dropping it as an option. It's not bureaucratic red tape. It actually has a higher rate of deadly side effects. Even though the FDA told us for over a year that it was perfectly safe.
    Quoted from Dr Box's response: "Also even though this complication is RARE, 9 of 17 million people who have received this vaccine have experienced the severe complication of blood clots in their brains and died."

Seems like it is more like extremely rare.

If it more deadly, then why the quiet discontinuance of distribution? Why hasn't the FDA pulled it the EUA for it?

Dr Box's response stated: "We felt this is something that should continue to be available across the state but that it is most appropriate that a health care provider like an advanced practice nurse or physician counsel the Hoosier receiving the vaccine about the decreased efficacy and risks."

The AICP recommendation specifcally states: "Given the current state of the pandemic both here and around the world, the ACIP reaffirmed that receiving any vaccine is better than being unvaccinated. Individuals who are unable or unwilling to receive an mRNA vaccine will continue to have access to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine."

Despite the AICP and CDC statements, the actions of IDOH has made it less available for those that fall into the unwilling/unable category regarding mRNA vaccines.

I had to travel 40 minutes to a private pharmacy that was dispensing it.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The 4 horsemen.
    Oh I know, but it reminded me of Frazetta's cover art for Molly Hatchet. :):

This is Frazetta's rendition.

8aa45d25f4c430eb72bb2f7bdddccc09.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I'm not at all worried about Omicron, but it's kinda nice to know that being poked, prodded and having a bunch of blood drawn may be helpful.

The people in Europe, India and Indonesia can get the good stuff. U.S. has to wait...except for me and just under 30,000 others in the study.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My twins’ pediatrician is recommending they get the COVID-19 vaccine (they just turned 6). He’s a super conservative guy and we trust him greatly but this is a very difficult decision, one we have not made yet. Their doctor says kids are still getting seriously ill from COVID-19 and those who do end up with a much higher incidence of myocarditis than that linked to vaccine use. Once diagnosed with myocarditis, a child cannot resume strenuous physical activity without an electrocardiogram according to him.

Top Bottom