• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    ...I was told by my better half that I suffer from G.A.S. (Gun Accumulation Syndrome). :dunno: I have added 7 guns to my collection in the last few monhs. :D I didn't realize it was a real condition, is it a serious condition. Does anyone else 'suffer' from this? How do you deal with it.

ETA: She told me it was pretty bad that when we walk into a LGS that there are more at the house in the safe than in the display cases at the LGS. (Not bragging cuz it is a rather small shop but it's nice when you hear anyone say it.) :D

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have hit spells like that, and cant seem to let myself part with any of them after they come home to me (except a Glock). I have very rational reasons for every one of the guns I own. The problem is that I keep coming up with new rationalizations that create valid need for more guns. Maybe I will slow down a little when I start rationalizing the need for class 3 stuff

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, guys...

I'm afraid it's a terminal illness. Once acquired, you can only really hope to contain it.

It's better to just say NO to guns, and never get started down that path (lol)

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I too am afflicted with the disease. I've purchased 2 just this week,and I'm already thinking about my next one! Is there no cure besides an empty wallet?

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I've had this condition for several years.
    It will go into remission at times & stay dorment, but always seems to get worse when G.A.S. comes on again.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I too have this problem, if it in fact it was a problem which it is not.

I went to pick up a rifle at the LGS that was receiving it for me from a gunbroker purchase, while I was there he told me of a shotgun that I had been looking for was there and the price was right so I came home with two guns instead of one. Did my wife complain? No. Good wife.

I am actively thinking about my next several possible purchases. When properly bought they are way better than just putting money in a savings account when it comes to potential return.

Terry

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    My wife said my problem with wanting more guns is that i also have a problem with wanting more ammo for these guns.
    Funny how more guns also equals more ammo. My wife tells me "well you bought another gun, you better buy more ammo. you never know when you may need it."

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm doing three trades this weekend. I gotta admit, its a whole lot more fun when there are more guns around, plus I feel safer knowing I have multiple carry options.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I try to keep a particular #. If it gets too high again, I'll sell a couple and get more suppressors. :)

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I have hit spells like that, and cant seem to let myself part with any of them after they come home to me (except a Glock). I have very rational reasons for every one of the guns I own. The problem is that I keep coming up with new rationalizations that create valid need for more guns. Maybe I will slow down a little when I start rationalizing the need for class 3 stuff

No, you wont slow down. You'll just spend that much more money. I sent my first NFA paperwork off on Jan 8th, sent 3 more since. Its a real condition, and the medicine is more expensive than anything you can find at the pharmacy.:):

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Decreasing loud sounds isn't rational?:D

Suppressors, at least to me, are only an accessory, I was thinking of the FA stuff. I was thinking that the wait time on the paperwork might at least slow me down a bit, if not the price of admission to that club. I still have a little way to go, have a few more "plain jane" stuff on my list before I step up to the really fun stuff. For some reason I am getting REALLY close to rationalizing myself into a 50BMG Bolt gun, but thankfully for my bank accounts sake, I have been able to appease that urge by adding accessories and getting the current collection just the way I want it.

Top Bottom