• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have so called friends telling me that I can order ammunition on my own and have it delivered to my own home's door with no FFL license.

When I lived in Texas, this was not true. For twenty years I maintained an FFL

I have allowed it to slip, these days, with concerns about kids and soccer and band an all.

These days, I am a home father, but I still run out of ammo from time to time.

My question, especially since my son's latest obsession seems to be all about the variety of weaponry he has at hand in his dad's gun safe;
    can I order ammunition from an internet source and have it delivered to my own door? I no longer keep an FFL.

I have heard both sides of this, from people I used to trust. I need the REAL truth!

Can someone help me decipher Indiana law a bit?

Can I actually order prepared ammunition (if so, caliber restrictions?), bullets to load, powder, primers, primed brass, fired recovered brass, etc?? to be delivered to my own doorstep without a Federal license?

Help!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Yes, order away. Welcome to a state with more freedom. You'll slowly learn how much better our gun laws are than Texas's, even though they have a "gun loving" reputation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    an someone help me decipher Indiana law a bit?

In absence of a particular statute, it is legal.

Understand that in the gun culture, one will encounter an enormous amount of teeth talk as those that spew it:

1. Do not know themselves and want you to serve as a sounding board.

2. Do not understand that the laws of New Jersey, e.g., end at New Jersey's borders.

3. Want to be helpful, but have screwed up something.

In the future, when you encounter teeth talk that says something is "highly illegal" and wants to tell you the "basic law", simply have them give you the citation.

It will make life much easier for you.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Understand that in the gun culture, one will encounter an enormous amount of teeth talk as those that spew it:

2. Do not understand that the laws of New Jersey, e.g., end at New Jersey's borders.

In the future, when you encounter teeth talk that says something is "highly illegal" and wants to tell you the "basic law", simply have them give you the citation.

Doesn't the mention of Texas law somehow entitle you to some of Rhino's .45?

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Just to echo everyone else, yes you can. I've ordered cartridges ranging in quantity from 20 to 2000 to my door in calibers ranging from .17 HMR to .50 AE. I've also ordered pounds of power, thousands of projectiles, and primers to my door.

I shoot 3,000-5,000 rounds per year. I order 90% of them online and have them delivered to my residence or place of employment.

The only drawback is ORM-D shipping fees.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yes, order away. Welcome to a state with more freedom. You'll slowly learn how much better our gun laws are than Texas's, even though they have a "gun loving" reputation.

Well, take it from a life long Texas loving and permanently self implanted/replanted and hopefully honorary Hoosier, there is a lot to love about being forced to carry in the open, but there is even more to love about the possibilities of CC.

I thank all of you guys.

I never expected a response in so short a time.

Forgive me if I spend the next few hours ordering stuff, instead of socializing, but it is great to be here!.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    You might or might not have to send the vendor proof of residence and/or age, such as a scan of your driver's license.

I can do that all day long.

I am Guilt free. I have also passed every backgroound check by the locals trying to get my cc license.

I am qualified. Just need to get through the paperwork and such.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, take it from a life long Texas loving and permanently self implanted/replanted and hopefully honorary Hoosier, there is a lot to love about being forced to carry in the open, but there is even more to love about the possibilities of CC.

It's even better to have a choice, which we in Indiana do :ingo:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just to echo everyone else, yes you can. I've ordered cartridges ranging in quantity from 20 to 2000 to my door in calibers ranging from .17 HMR to .50 AE. I've also ordered pounds of power, thousands of projectiles, and primers to my door.

I shoot 3,000-5,000 rounds per year. I order 90% of them online and have them delivered to my residence or place of employment.

The only drawback is ORM-D shipping fees.

This answers my first question.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE

You lost me.

I asked a simple question requesting a simple answer.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I can do that all day long.

I am Guilt free. I have also passed every backgroound check by the locals trying to get my cc license.

I am qualified. Just need to get through the paperwork and such.

Welcome! But to be clear, Indiana does not have a specific "cc" license. We have a license to carry handgun. How you carry is your business.

Top Bottom