• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Can someone give me a accurate, BRIEF update on what has happened/going to happen??? I have read so many different things, and it is kinda hard to find new stuff on google. Thanks :rockwoot:

Has the AWB been denied, is it still "up in the air", or what?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The President signed 23 Executive Orders today. None of them banned so-called "assault weapons". None of them would have prevented the Sandy Hook shooting. The President called on Congress to implement the legislative changes that he can't do through executive action, including magazine capacity limits, banning those so-called "assault weapons", and eliminating the legality of private sales conducted without the assistance of an FFL calling in a NICS check. Congress, as of right now, seems disinclined to vote his way in enough numbers to give him what he wants.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The President signed 23 Executive Orders today. None of them banned so-called "assault weapons". None of them would have prevented the Sandy Hook shooting. The President called on Congress to implement the legislative changes that he can't do through executive action, including magazine capacity limits, banning those so-called "assault weapons", and eliminating the legality of private sales conducted without the assistance of an FFL calling in a NICS check. Congress, as of right now, seems disinclined to vote his way in enough numbers to give him what he wants.

Indeed, Barack Hussein's own Democrats in the Democrat-controlled Senate have already made clear they want no part of another ban of any kind. For those of you who don't follow such things, the AWB of '94 was the #1 thing that caused the Dems to lose the Senate (and House) in November of that year. The GOP held both chambers for the next 12 years. The Democrats learned their lesson well. Barack Hussein made a bunch of partisan noise today but it really was all gloss and no substance. Nothing he announced today changes anything.

We win.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Prez Barry signed letters to Congress suggesting they should explore AWB bills. As I understand it, he signed "Exceutive Actions" today. They seem to be suggestions and letters of support, for the most part.

What's gonna happen? You are gonna keep writing Congress. The House and Senate Democrats understand the political suicide of public opinion and guns. The House GOP won't let anything pass.

YOU gotta keep up the pressure though.

My dumb engineer opinion.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it a win. But I'll take it for now, congress can't get even the simplest of things done. AWB? Please!

I personally think he's up to something bigger. He said that he couldn't make law with EO, and In another speech he said the same thing but followed up with "if you want me to EO a law, I will, but I need you to give me that authority" (not word for word but as close as I can get from memory). This seems to me to be a back door to his authority to EO any law he wants. Give him the power once and he'll never let it go, his lawyer buddies will find a way to maintain this power with a loophole of some sort.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Keep up the pressure. It's not enough to shine the bright light on the cockroaches and watch them scuttle back into the dark places. You have to stamp them out.

gunman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Jasper Co.
    will they pass AWB, unlikely. is it possible, yes and that is why we can't give up on our end no matter how small our part. obama's EO's for the most part aren't that damning but that "assault weapons ban" is more like a 70% of all guns ban with a $200 extortion attatched for anyone that wants to keep theirs. i'm sure all of us would be less than satisfied if it went through, no sense in making it any easier to pass because we "think" it won't

Top Bottom