I made breakfast in my sleep overnight...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have to confess, I'm a serious breakfast fanatic; not just the kind of guy who puts bacon on his dinner for flavor, but a serious, biscuits & gravy-for-dinner kind of maniac that gravitates toward the "breakfast all day" signs at restaurants. When I started seeing some Facebook posts this past week about the breakfast casseroles that you make in a slow-cooker (Crock-Pot), it was only a matter of time (about 4 days) until I jumped in with both feet & made one for my family overnight. Instead of waking up & helping my wife to make a mess in the kitchen this morning, I walked into an already cleaned-up kitchen (yes, I did it myself), grabbed a bowl & dug into a yummy combination of hash browns, country sausage, cheese, and seasoned scrambled eggs. While I made some deviations from the Internet recipe, I liked it. I might make some more tweaks in it as I do it the next time, but if you haven't tried one of these recipes, you might be cheating yourself out of a great start to the day!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    How dare you not include the recipe or pictures!

I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day, and pretty sure I have done that in the past. :D

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the recipe! :)

You mentioned you love bacon, did you sub bacon in your version?

I'm assuming you would need to cook the bacon first and crumble it or cut it into small pieces and sub for/add to sausage.

What tweaks did you make?

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I dumped the onions, because I just don't like 'em. I'm considering replacing the sausage layer with sausage gravy the next time, and throwing some chopped up (pre-cooked) bacon into the hash browns layer. I'm also probably going a little heavier on the eggs in the next go-around, maybe adding another half-dozen.

Top Bottom