• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    long story short.i bought a colt commander years ago without the box.i have since found a blue box with all the manuals that a new colt 1911 light weight commander like mine would come with.does it really increase the value of your gun and by how much.just looking for your:twocents:Colt pistol Box & Sleeve with paperwork Not winchester - eBay (item 260415478994 end time May-29-09 16:42:49 PDT)

My :twocents: is that to a collector the original box, paperwork and accessories may increase the value. I buy my firearms to be users not display items so I think it would depend upon the buyer, if/when you sell the item

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Like 4sarge said, if it's the original box it does increase the value somewhat. But that means it's serial #'d to that gun. IMO if you find one that's including all the books and paperwork and it is reasonably priced I would go ahead and pick it up. Make sure it is the same style box as your gun would originally been in. A series 70 Colt would not have come in a plastic box for example.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Like 4sarge said, if it's the original box it does increase the value somewhat. But that means it's serial #'d to that gun. IMO if you find one that's including all the books and paperwork and it is reasonably priced I would go ahead and pick it up. Make sure it is the same style box as your gun would originally been in. A series 70 Colt would not have come in a plastic box for example.
    Quite true the serial number of the gun is on the box.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It would be nice to have that stuff, but since it's not the original box, you would want to clearly state that in any ad. For people that collect that could be a deal breaker.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It would be nice to have that stuff, but since it's not the original box, you would want to clearly state that in any ad. For people that collect that could be a deal breaker.
    That said, evidently someone feels a box does add value to the package. GunBrokers, and even Fleabay have many auctions for just the boxes. As stated above though, I would make CLEAR that it is a replacement box

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It seems to be a perception thing. If a used gun has all of the original "stuff", I think it adds to the perception of the gun's condition being better than average.

Top Bottom