• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It is so nice to be hated by someone that does not know me, but hell that is your right and I would die to defend it.

But obviously, my rights as a human being mean absolutely nothing to you.
    I quit smoking over a year ago after forty seven years of burning money.
    BUT..............
    I still tolerate those who can't stop, or choose not to stop.
    Unfortunately MANY people must have someone to hate/despise/defile/look down on/etc in order to parade their own perfection.
    Since they can no longer hate most of the other minority's they pick on those evil,vile,animals, Smokers!!
    It'll be interesting to see who the next group of pariahs will be after some Court rules that smokers are a protected minority. ;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I didn't say I could remember either. It did used to be a lot more free than it is today though.

But our national anthem says "the land of the free"

That's because it was written by a guy during the war of 1812 when we were trying to be free of the British, so that we could govern and oppress our own people ourselves.

Let's see.
    1910s: if you even spoke against the war you could be tried for sedition.
    1920s: women just gained the right to vote.
    1930s: blacks still couldn't vote. Gun rights took a major hit.
    1940s: if you were the wrong national origin, even if you were a US citizen, you were rounded up and put in "camps."
    1950s: if you belonged to the wrong political group you could be brought in front of Congress and put on blacklists and your career destroyed.
    1960s: if you protested the war in Vietnam you could be arrested by the police and put in jail and have an FBI file started on you and be followed around. Blacks finally got the right to vote.
    1970s: if you were the wrong sexual orientation you could still be arrested, locked up, forcibly treated with electroshock.
    1980s: A spouse still couldn't accuse the other of rape in most states.
    Gun rights took a major hit.
    1990s: If you spoke out against a large corporation you could be hit with a SLAPP and be ruined. Gun rights took a major hit.
    2000s: the SCOTUS finally ruled that consensual sex acts between adults that didn't involved the exchange of money could not be illegal. You can still go to jail for smoking a plant that grows naturally.

Yep, the good old days when we were freer.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yep, the good old days when we were freer.

You know, like when kids could have a lemonade stand without it being shutdown because they didn't have the proper permits. Or when you could smoke in a restaurant if the owners wanted to allow it.

I do agree though, if you choose to smoke you should police your butts. I'm not sure when flipping butts out of your car was ok and not littering.

Will H

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Tennessee
    What makes me mad is when I see a couple smoking while pushing their baby in a stroller. It's all I can do to not yell at them.

You would just have to yell at me. I wouldn't get mad at you though. I would just calmly remind you that I am a free American and what I choose to do is none of your business. Kind of the same speech I give to people when they comment on the evils of gun ownership and carrying.

That said I do smoke, I do not smoke in the house, or in the car with my kids present. I also do not throw them out the window of the car. That is what an ashtray is for. Granted my car did not come with one, but that was easily fixed.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Or when you could employ your *own* 8-year-old in your own family store, giving them a means of earning an allowance and teaching them the value of a dollar.

It's much cheaper to employ the 8 year olds other people don't want and can't afford to feed. They could smoke back then too, if they could afford it.

Actually, smoking in public was also one of those freedoms curtailed in the good old days, as was spitting on the sidewalks.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Nope, wouldn't bother me any. What did bother me was when a so called friend threw his butts off my back porch and 2 landed on my truck. We had words over that one.

Yeah, my friends have more respect than that. That's BS.

Regardless if I'm in my car, at the park or outside of my/a friends house, I twist the ember off of my cigarette and hand onto the butt until I can throw it away...Is that still being disrespectful? (If I'm driving, I make SURE there is no one anywhere close behind me)[/QUOTE]]

Benny, this is the gist of my thread. Can a fire start from the amber that you twist off of your cigarette while driving? :dunno:

That's a valid question. I guess I should start taking that into consideration, but if I'm on the left side of the car when I twist the ember off and it drops in the middle of the road, do you think it could stay lit long enough to make it to the dry brush on the side of the road?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Really?:n00b: I want to do harm to a person smoking a cigarette in their vehicle with kids present, but I couldn't care less if they are outside.

No, just this which is much healthier.

fat_man.jpg

You forgot this...

shockmesoda.jpg

Which happens after this...

Diabetes-and-Foot-Neuropathy-2273.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's a valid question. I guess I should start taking that into consideration, but if I'm on the left side of the car when I twist the ember off and it drops in the middle of the road, do you think it could stay lit long enough to make it to the dry brush on the side of the road?

I'm not sure, but I think it's a possibility.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I wasn't calling you out, but as I said, you're the third person who's said "Cars don't come with ashtrays". I'm asking you what that has to do with anything. It's 100% irrelevant to the conversation. Cars don't come with garbage cans, either, but my hamburger wrappers aren't all over the highway.

That's right they don't come with garbage cans, hence I wouldn't say throw your trash in your cars garbage can.

Top Bottom