• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like having an .22 that has the same controls and fucntion of my AR.

Sorry to hear that but I give a BIG thumbs up to the S&W MP 15-22

I feel just the opposite but that's because I'm on a tight budget. I can't afford to spend $100+ on a day at the range. For just $20 I can pull the trigger 550 times compared to ~80 times. That extra practice comes in handy when shooting the real deal. Trigger discipline, sight alignment, etc. It helps to practice the basics every time you're out shooting. If I can do it more for the same amount of money, I feel like my money is better spent that way. :twocents:

This is how I feel about it as well. I have a 15-22 so I can shoot it at the range I am a member of (can't shoot centerfire rifle there) and shoot it more often. All the controls are in the right place to make it effective training/gun handling practice for my AR.

I also have 22 conversion kits for 2 of my Glocks and they are very effective for training, and I can shoot more for less.

I may also look into the M&P 22 pistol as a counterpart for my 9C, but it is different enough (backstraps, safety, etc) that I need to think about it a bit more.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    when at the range its good to use .22's there cheap and fun to shoot, i like to take an ar with a dot sight and let people shoot who arnt real experenced, seeing the targets spin puts a smile on there face and dosnt brake me.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would prefer the M261 kit rather then a dedicated upper and mags.

The USGI M261 kit has a 22LR drop in bolt carrier and inserts for your mags. That way you practice with your 5.56 gear.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for you. Me I like them very cost effective way to train with a given platform.

Gun-drawing practice, ten minutes every day. If I ever have to use this baby, I want to teach it to come to papa in a hurry. :draw:

170254.jpg

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Sorry but i absolutely love my 10/22 rifles. I have one for tactical training and also long range training(as far as 22lr is concerned). To put them off because you may think they dont have a place is kindnof closed minded. Yes you and I both have our beast rifles, but shooting them now costs your first born. I can havenjust as much fun with my baby bullets as i do with my ak/ar rifle.

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    Love the M&P 15-22. Just cant see myself getting to practice much with the real thing. Wished though but not gonna happen. But for the 22 AR theres nothing not to love unless i just plain didnt own one.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Sorry but i absolutely love my 10/22 rifles. I have one for tactical training and also long range training(as far as 22lr is concerned). To put them off because you may think they dont have a place is kindnof closed minded. Yes you and I both have our beast rifles, but shooting them now costs your first born. I can havenjust as much fun with my baby bullets as i do with my ak/ar rifle.

a tactical 10/22 sounds awesome, and i actually want to get a rig like that set up for my mother...the only gun of mine that she enjoys shooting is my marlin 795, and if i could just make it a little more ergonomic itd be great.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I feel just the opposite but that's because I'm on a tight budget. I can't afford to spend $100+ on a day at the range. For just $20 I can pull the trigger 550 times compared to ~80 times. That extra practice comes in handy when shooting the real deal. Trigger discipline, sight alignment, etc. It helps to practice the basics every time you're out shooting. If I can do it more for the same amount of money, I feel like my money is better spent that way. :twocents:
    :bacondance: +1

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't like them, or the mp5 .22 clones, or ANY of those .22's that look like an AK or whatever. I fell in love with guns because i love the engineering behind them, they are such a spectacular display of human design representing a pinnacle of form and function. So, to me, all these "look-alikes" are kind of silly. (i know someone is going to bring up training and practice, and they have a point. but these clones and what-not are just ugly to me. Also, i know theyre not all "clones" AR's are capable of simple conversions...whatever, this is how i feel!)
    I feel the same way, I like my 22 Marlin 60 and my Savage 22. I won a Colt 22 AR in a Raffle at my range last year. I traded it about a week later to an individual for a Garand, gave him some cash to boot. I collect guns and keep them period. That was the first gun I had sold or traded in over 15 years! Just didn't see any use for it, obviously not as comfortable as my Marlin - nor with the type of sights not near as accurate. Just looked like a plastic toy gun to me.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I don't know. When I'm plinking I like my old Savage.

And the reason I want the AR is for coyote/predator, and .22 just won't cut the mustard for that one.

Kind of like having a little 4-banger to drive around town, and a big heavy truck to do the dirty work. Each is right for their job. However you drive a big heavy truck with a 4-banger engine just doesn't feel right.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't understand where you're going with this. Should we all just buy hipoints then? You don't need a Glock....lower your standards.
    This not about buying a POS pot metal gun versus a gun that is reliable. His issue is purely about looks. The fact that a highpoint is a POS AND Ugly is also not relevant.

I own many Glocks. Looks don't detract me from reliability. I got over that 23 years ago. The OP can do it too..............or not. Who F'n cares. It is not a serious thread.

Keep reading it until you get it, it will come to you.

jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    I agree on the original post, seems sort of silly to get away from original function for reasons of $$$. I can see why they are made, but it seems more like playing dress up then being legit weapons

Top Bottom