I am new to IN gun owners I am having trouble figuring out how to post my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You mean posting pictures of your guns?

Or posting them in the classifieds?

Either way, the FAQ, linked in my signature, will answer your question.

rocky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    I have already checked there. Why did you guys make this site so difficult. Hoosier topics is so simple. I have looked everywhere and there is no post option for me.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have already checked there. Why did you guys make this site so difficult. Hoosier topics is so simple. I have looked everywhere and there is no post option for me.

If you had read the FAQ, you wouldn't be asking "why".

If you're just looking to sell your guns, there are other sites that will be more helpful.

If you're looking to be a part of an online community for gun enthusiasts, you're welcome to peruse the site. You'll find that our classifieds are offered as a perk to our contributing membership, and are not here as a "CraigsList for guns".

Take 5 minutes and read this: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html#post187173

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Welcome to INGO, Glad your here, It is really not all that difficult to post pictures once you get the hang of it, Just read the links in esrice's post and you will be posting up pictures in no time, go get you a Photobucket account they are free upload your pictures to there, then when you post there is a little yellow box with what looks like mountains in it at the to of the reply box click it that is the link to your photobucket account, copy the HTTP address from your pic on photobucket and insert it in the window that opens when you click the insert image button, and bingo you have pictures in your post.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

i dont think this website is "so difficult." maybe if you're sight impaired....

but to answer your question, to prevent people like you from flooding our Classified section.

:laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It sounds as though you are trying to upload pictures directly to the forum. Since you mentioned Hoosier Topics, I assume it's for the purpose of selling a firearm. Both of those questions are answered in the FAQ, but to summarize, I'll answer them here as well:

Posting pictures: There is no option on INGO to upload pictures directly to the forum. We can't afford the bandwidth to host your photos. You must host your pictures offsite and link to them from here. There is a tutorial linked in the FAQ that explains how to do this.

Posting ads: You must have 50 quality posts and/or be a site supporter to participate in the Classifieds sections. Currently, neither criteria applies to you. We'd much rather have you here than have your ad here. Stick around and participate for a bit and then post your ad. You'll get a lot more out of the site than you think.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City

This is a community to promote learning, friendship and the furthering of hobbies as well as many other great things. Way down the list is a classifieds section that is an amenity to its members. You must first create 50 QUALITY posts, not one liners. Once you've proven yourself as a member(aiding in help, having conversations, contributing in anyway you can) you are welcome to use the classifieds.

You are welcome to sell your firearms elsewhere, or contribute and wait. The more friends and contacts you make here, the easier it may be to sell your gun to one in the long run .... this way people trust you more :ingo:

hope that helps! Welcome to ingo!

PS: oops didnt notice he got banned, oh well, maybe someone else new will see this and benefit :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Dang...that didn't take long. What's the shortest amount of time anyone has been a member before being banned?

Do cell phone spammers count? Then about 60 seconds.

As for the gentlemen above, there was more to it than just what folks see here.

Top Bottom