• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    OK i got two questions here.
    1.) has anyone had any luck sneaking up on deer bedding down in a cornfield? my buddy says he has a lot of luck when it is windy and wet he says if you are slow and quite you can get into bow range. have any of you guys done this ?
    2.) where i hunt there is a grass path about 15 yards wide that goes right threw the middle of the corn field but it dose not go all the way to the ends it stops and starts about 20 yards inside the corn. what do you guys think about posting up in that grass strip? has any of you hunted in a spot like this?

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I've had luck walking the corn when it is still standing. Never been able to get into bow range when it's down though. I'd think if you had the patience to go slow enough it would be possible.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    The only deer I have stalked up on were 2 doe yearlings that were feeding in a dried up pothole. It probably helped that it was raining & blowing lots.

I have better luck in fields for afternoon hunts. I have "field blinds" set up in the field & can get into them with a quite easily. For me it is better to be in the field & not go through the woods. The deer come into the field for late afternoon feeding.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Find a windy day when the corn is dry and noisy. Watch your wind and try to keep it in your face. If you peak through each row before entering it you will be amazed at how many deer you will see in there. I ran a corn field last year on one of our high pressure hunting properties. I saw 16 deer in the field when no hunters had seen a deer in nearly a week. I actually walked within a few yards on several deer. Never saw the buck I was looking for but I had plenty of opportunity to take deer. Just take your time and watch the wind

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Never tried in a corn field but have had luck in the woods with alot of leaves on the ground. I find that on a wet day they dont seem to crackle as loudy or as much. Have been able to sneak into bow range without much trouble, although the problem is trying to draw without getting attention. As previously said, take it slow and be patient. Also it doesn't hurt to try.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    i have hunted in a harvested field before. i did not take any chances and crawled the whole way and i was successful. try using the terrain too. when you are crawling a small hill can make a big difference.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Tried it with deer-failed.

Hunted coyotes in the corn, while the combine was busy at one end of the 100 acres, was surprised at my success. Saw lots, shot 2. Used a shotgun with #4 Buck. FUN!!:D

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I have hunted the edge of the woods on a trail coming from the standing corn with success a year ago. But it wasn't as windy last year & they had beans planted this year.

Top Bottom