• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    In the spirit of all the recent political commercials I was thinking we could put something out to spread our message. Imagine the following as a 30 second spot (maybe 15) on a local affiliate station during prime time:

Scene: a beautiful fall day. A young husband and wife in sweaters are pushing a stroller through a suburban neighborhood.
    Announcer: See Bob and Mary
    Scene: a hooded figure approaches the couple with a knife. Husband and wife both give surprised look, then each draw handguns from secure holsters under their sweatshirts
    Announcer: Bob and Mary both have their Indiana License to carry Handgun
    Scene: hooded figure runs away, wife calls 911 on cell phone while husband tends to baby
    Announcer: In Indiana police aren't the only ones with the power to stop crime (or defend themselves, I'm open to suggestions!) if you plan on committing violent crime in indiana think again. 200,000 (or whatever the real number is) regular citizens in this state have their LTCh.
    Cut scene, brief placement of INGO logo and web address
    get your LTCH today at (whatever the website is to get started) and training at (sponsors).

What say you INGO? Can we round up some sponsors/site supporters and make it a reality? Who wants to add or delete lines/scenes/facts/numbers?

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You would think that broadcasters all worship the almighty dollar. As to broadcast TV, this might be a very hard commercial to get aired.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Glock aired a pretty safe commercial during Sons of Anarchy last night.

Instead of "approach" I would have him running toward them. Either way, why didn't they shoot him?

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I figured actually pulling the trigger may turn some people off. Not trying to preach to the converted here more wanting to convince those on the fence!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Meh. Don's Guns still runs commercials. Obviously, the TV stations don't care.

See page 25 of this PDF to get an idea of the cost to air a 30 second commercial during prime time:
    http://gaia.adage.com/images/bin/pdf/MFPweb_spreadsv2.pdf

Is that for a nationwide broadcast or local only though? There is no way "XYZ plumbing plac" that has a commercial broadcast on local TV stations is paying that rate for a 30 second commercial 4 times a day every day for a month.

I have a feeling that is the rate if you want to buy a slot of time in that network for the entire nation... IE, I want a 30 second commercial in "Dancing With the Stars" for every single person watching DWTS on abc in the US I have to pay $106k. However, if I only want a 30 second commercial on RTV6 in Indy, or on WPTA in Fort Wayne at that time, the cost for that commercial is more along the lines of maybe $500-2000...

There is NO possible way Geico is doling out $100k-500k for every commercial they put on the air. Their marketing budget would be $10M+ every day, and there is no way they spend $4B+ per year on marketing, not when their total gross earnings for a year don't even top $10B.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    A little dated but this came from an article in 2007.

Like all forms of advertising, there are different price ranges within the TV medium. Locally, you can pick up a 30-second commercial slot in a show like Oprah for an average of $90 to $300 (but check your local affiliate because prices fluctuate), or get into a noon to 4 p.m. soaps rotation with the same commercial for $150 to $300, again depending on your location and also the time of the year. You'll pay anywhere from $200 to $1,500 per 30-second commercial for local news at noon, 5 to 6 p.m., 6 to 7 p.m., sometimes 10 p.m., and 11 p.m.; the most expensive time is usually 6 to 7 p.m.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I run commercial on occasion, they aren't terribly expensive. In order to be effective though you're gonna want a budget of around 15k. That will get you three weeks or so on a couple different channels.

Top Bottom