• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I'm wanting to try this ammo, especially the 140 grain loading. Has anyone seen it on the shelves in central Indiana? If not, what web sites would you suggest?

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Good luck. 30-30 is probably not being produced much right now and inventory is practically non-existent. If you find some, especially the lever evolution, be ready to dig deep to pay.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Cabelas in noblesville had 4 boxes of 35 rem lever evolution after I purchased 2 of them last week. Since I don’t 20/30 as much I did not look for them.

All it will cost is a phone call.

Ps rem core loc in 30/30 was in stock at Cabelas in 170 grain which shoots better than the lever evolution stuff in my 30/30. They were real proud of that 30/30 at 47.99 a box of 20. Not what you are looking for but also way more expensive than my last 30/30 purchase of core loc at 13.99 and 17.99 a box. I get nice tight groups with the cor loc loads and the lever stuff shoots 2 inches higher and instead of a baseball sized group more of a large softball size group. I am sure the BC of the evo stuff is great but my hunting woods is to thick and field edges now get a 243 or a 7 mm mag if I need distance.

Just an option if you can not find the eco stuff. The core loc expansion is nice and controlled and at 30/30 normal ranges is a good option.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I'm wanting to try this ammo, especially the 140 grain loading. Has anyone seen it on the shelves in central Indiana? If not, what web sites would you suggest?
    If DadSmith, ancjr or Marvin02 don't weigh in with a find, it may be time to choose a different bullet.
    My dream deer gun is a 336 in 30-30, but between the insane price of the rifle and the availability of quality ammo to feed the beast, the old 12 gauge and muzzle loader is looking pretty good lately.
    Good luck finding your ammo Sir.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    We have not had Hornady LeverRevolution in .30-30 for quite some time, but it's on backorder so we will get some eventually.
    We do have in .30-30:
    Federal Power Shok in 150 and 170 grain for $24.30 plus tax
    Remington Core Lokt (I think it's 150 grain but I'm not sure) for $25.24 plus tax
    We have some Fiocchi as well, I know it's a heavier bullet and a little more expensive than the rest but I don't remember exactly.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    We have not had Hornady LeverRevolution in .30-30 for quite some time, but it's on backorder so we will get some eventually.
    We do have in .30-30:
    Federal Power Shok in 150 and 170 grain for $24.30 plus tax
    Remington Core Lokt (I think it's 150 grain but I'm not sure) for $25.24 plus tax
    We have some Fiocchi as well, I know it's a heavier bullet and a little more expensive than the rest but I don't remember exactly.
    I have permission to hunt on some land but the landowner prefers I use lead free ammo. I have used 12 ga w/ sabots in the past but I want to use my 336. I understand that that round is lead free so that's why I wanted to try it. I f you get any in and remember, please notify me.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I have permission to hunt on some land but the landowner prefers I use lead free ammo. I have used 12 ga w/ sabots in the past but I want to use my 336. I understand that that round is lead free so that's why I wanted to try it. I f you get any in and remember, please notify me.
    They make the .30-30 LeverRevolution with an FTX or MonoFlex bullet. ONLY the MonoFlex bullet is lead free, the FTX is not.

I do have lead free MonoFlex 12 gauge slugs in stock now.

I'll try to remember to let you know if I am able to get any .30-30 140 grain LeverRevolution with MonoFlex bullets.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom