• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    The bees have taken up shop in a hollowed section of a tree trunk in my yard. Typically I wouldn't mind this but there are a lot over bees hang around the yard now and with small kids I don't feel like dealing with the inevitable stings.
    Since it seems that in general there aren't many honey bees around any more I would prefer to have the bees relocated instead of killing if it doesn't cost too much. Anyone have experience with this? I was think that maybe local bee guys may want the bees?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It's good to see that there are folks who's first thought isn't "Kill 'em all" just because they're bees. I've got plenty of land and have been thinking about learning how to do beekeeping and putting some hives in the yard.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I might have someone. Can you PM me your info and I'll pass it along?

Jason

Your in box is full, But I'm in Brownsburg.

An issue that my make it difficult is that the hive is inside the tree and the opening to it is probably 12" x 4" or less. So I'm not sure if it is even possible to extract them.

I first noticed the bees late last fall due to a crap ton of bee activity around the tree. Over the winter I noticed a critter tore part of the hive out of the tree so I figured they may not come back. But I started to notice them the last 2-3 weeks.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    You might be able to get a vaccum in that opening and suck them out. It sounds crazy but it's done that way quite often.

Top Bottom