• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Another vote for Raven. Best way to go is to catch them at 1500 show at the end of the month. You can have your holster made at the show. The online wait is pretty long otherwise.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    If you are looking for Kydex, check out Hooch Holsters. They are a local Site Supporter. Jeff makes awesome products to fit whatever weapon system you are running.

If you want something other then kydex, I love the Safariland with ALS. Works great for me and the release is very natural.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    i agree with IndySSD. i carry a G32/23/19 everyday and the fobus is the only one that works for me. it damm sure aint pretty but it works great. i would use a nice leather one if i could find one, simply because i like leather. for my revolver i use a on the belt style Don Humms Tauras 605 357 2" 7 shot. but i am getting a fobus one because it is the only paddle holster i know of for that type of revolver. agan that ugly cheap plastic holster is at the top of the list for me. i too would like to find a leather paddle holster for my glock and my revolver, any ideas please PM me. i use what works. i wear jeans and flannel with boots tooooo... LOL

hubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    NW Indy
    Check out DeSantis speed scabbard. I have 4 and they are good quality and reasonably priced. Oh yeah, I have a drawer full of others. :)

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    There are a lot of good custom holster makers that are reasonable in price. You just have to look around. Here is one I picked up for less then 300 bucks. The whole kit, gunbelt, holster and mag holder. Sharkskin as well.

n482yo.jpg

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I've carried almost daily in a Fobus for 8 years now and have no problem with them. I've also tried Mitch Rosen, Galco (many!), Blade-tech, Uncle Mike's, Bianchi, Shooting Systems, and a few others.

For IWB, I like the Blade-tech but I'm thinking of ordering a Milt Sparks SSII. I think the rough side out will help with the holster sliding against my dress shirts too much.

For OWB, I like the Fobus the best, I guess, although I've never really found one I really like.

For OC, you can't go wrong with a Safariland 6004 with light attachment :)

It would probably help to determine what type of holster you want first: belt, paddle, between body and belt, do you want the slide exposed, retention snap, etc. Then that will help narrow down your choices.

I think the bottom line is: It's a constant journey to find the perfect holster.

Top Bottom