HK P30 Fans...DA/SA (V3) or LEM versions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which version do you like best for the P30SK?

• Total voters

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    I was at one of my LGS's the other day and opinions from the staff started flying around regarding the merits of the light LEM versions after I was trying to help my friend wanting to buy a P30SK V3 DA/SA no safety. I've always been a DA/SA no safety guy and like it. I never cared for the light LEM trigger I had with my P2000SK nor on the P30. It always seemed like a longer pull than necessary and I personally prefer the SA after the first shot if necessary. I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter just in case I'm missing anything and stir up a professional debate. Let me know what you think! Let's focus on DA/SA vs. LEM more than safety / no safety please. Thanks!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I didn't like the DAO because it was too foreign to me. It wasn't the weight of the pull, just the length obviously. I didn't want to mix another trigger style into my striker and DA/SA pistols, so when I got my P30 I bought the V3. I liked it, but the reset, even on the SA was too long for my taste. I shot my Glock 19 better by far. So, I guess I would look at the other pistols you have and make a decision based upon those. If it's your only pistol and you will practice with it, then you are probably good with either.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I had the P30 DA/SA and thought the DA was very heavy ( turns out to be 12 lbs I was told) I now own a P30 SK DA/SA that I sent to Robert Burke for his trigger job. Both shot great SA. No safety. Tried a LEM many yrs ago and I thought is was heavy.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a P30 Light LEM, no safety & really like it, although the reset is long. I converted my HK45 over to Light LEM, & reset is much better. They both are firmly planted on "keeper" list.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    For the P30/L I prefer the V1. I don't care for the placement of the decocker on the V3.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom