• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    HK still hates us. Witness the pricing for the forthcoming MR-556A5 (commercial version of the HK416):

Dealer: $2,280.59

MSRP: $2,995.00

Makes the ACR seem like a bargain! :puke:

The 416 is basically an AR with a gas piston, which has been done by like ten companies now, but somehow the HK is better, because it was on Future Weapons, and HK won’t sell it to civilians.

Exactly why I wouldn't buy one. I could own two piston Sigs (or whatever) for that price. So I guess it's safe to say from their pricing standpoint, HK SUCKS! Oh... My mistake... "H annnnnnnnd K"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Really!? A quick 50? That guy has been a member since 2/2013... So it has taken him 18 months to get to 25 posts.

Slow and steady wins the race... ;)

Tortoise_and__Hare_Gutenberg_19994.jpg

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Love my HK firearms. No way I can justify their AR costs vs Sig / BCM / etc., but my HK45 & HK45T are by far my favorite .45 handguns.

9mm, I give the edge to PPQ M1, but my VP9 is here to stay.

Tried Sig handguns, liked them a lot, but liked not as much as my HK. I personally DO NOT like the XD, XDM, XDS series, FNS was ok, CZ was good but heavy, Ruger LC9 blew monkey chuncks, M&Pc .45 is pretty sweet, she's a keeper. Glock 19 w/tb I just picked up, hopefully try it out this week w/ & w/o suppresser.

To each their own, own & shoot what you like, it's all good, if you're good with what YOU prefer.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Nice to see the bump on a 4yr old thread, but nonetheless I'm not an Hk fanboy. That being said my Hk USP45 fullsize is my most accurate handgun I own and I'd say it's the most accurate handgun I've ever shot. And I own several handguns and have shot lots of others over the last 15 years

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I can't say anything bad about Hk. I can't say anything good about them. I have only shot a half dozen of their guns and didn't think they were worth the price. That isn't knocking Hk, if they can get the price they are asking who is to blame for that.

I will stick with Colt, Springfield, S&W, Glock and Ruger. They seem to fill the bill for me and don't cost as much. Well, the Colts can match some of the prices in hand guns, but the Colt ARs are cheap by Hk standards of the price of a rifle.

I was once looking to buy a P7 but picked up a S&W model 39 for about one third the cost at that time.

I look at guns as tools and buy what fills my needs at the best price I can find. Well it has to fit me. I needed a 9mm and the S&W worked out great. I don't know if that makes me cheap or a smart shopper. I just can't see paying three times the cost of something when they both do the same job. I don't pay for blue sky or wiz bang.

DurangoUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Never bought a new HK but the used ones Ive shot and carried performed great. I do well with them and for the price I got them for it was tough to turn down. I enjoyed shooting the MP5 its a great little subgun but unless I win the lottery I wont be affording one anytime soon. The price for new on any of their products is mostly too high to really justify... even magazines are expensive... and yes I agree their PR really does suck...

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    I find it amusing that threads like this exist about HK. People admit there QC is very extensive, but say HK's are ovepriced. People will admit they are built like tanks, but say they are overpriced. People will admit they are extremely accurate, but say they are overpriced. All these better than the norm qualitys come at a cost. Then throw in the fact people say there customer service sucks. Once upon a time ? Yes it did, but for at least the last 10 years it has been excellent.

And the overpriced part? Many people pay to much compared to what they can be found for. And yes I own a few, but it was a progression from other brands that led to HK.

And for the still overpriced crowd, go try a VP9!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Despite being overpriced, I still want to get an HK gun. I think even if it was cheaper, there's something about an HK's lore that's attractive.

Top Bottom