• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Central IN.
    Greetings, I have a question about an HK 94 (i think) 9mm. A friend of mine's son has. He is in Afghanistan in the Army and his dad would like to get it fixed but I have a concern about it. It has on the left side a selective fire/saftey that has 3 markings on it that are pictorial. They are a single bullet with an x across it, 2 bullets, and a line of bullets. When he was home last summer he went to the range with me and fired it several time with it only firing semi auto and it jammed very frequently. I ask him if it was full auto and he said it was a knock off and only a semi auto. When he left he told his dad it was a piece of junk and that it was broke and could not be fixed. the hinge pins holes are broken out. Is this gun a class III or just a broken semi auto? If it is a broken class III what should he do?

Thanks,
    TonyT

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The HK-94 (9mm) was the "civilian" version of the MP5. It was designed for semi-auto fire, but many people wanting an MP5 look-a-like would add the selector marks to their HK-94 to make them look cool, when in fact they were semi-auto only.

Now the catch is, did your friend make some changes to the receiver to change it's rate of fire?

I see you are in Westfield too. I have an HK-94 clone, and if your friend's father would let you take it for a day, or we all could get together, we could compare mine to his to see if we can find out why it isn't working right, and what it's true fire rate is.

TonyT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Central IN.
    Greetings, I have a question about an HK 94 (i think) 9mm. A friend of mine's son has. He is in Afghanistan in the Army and his dad would like to get it fixed but I have a concern about it. It has on the left side a selective fire/saftey that has 3 markings on it that are pictorial. They are a single bullet with an x across it, 2 bullets, and a line of bullets. When he was home last summer he went to the range with me and fired it several time with it only firing semi auto and it jammed very frequently. I ask him if it was full auto and he said it was a knock off and only a semi auto. When he left he told his dad it was a piece of junk and that it was broke and could not be fixed. the hinge pins holes are broken out. Is this gun a class III or just a broken semi auto? If it is a broken class III what should he do?

Thanks,
    TonyT
    Thanks guys. I will have his dad take some pictures and get them to you for review.

TonyT

TonyT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Central IN.
    Thanks guys for all of your input. I am waiting for the pictures from his dad. If it is a class III gun could he get it trouble with tha law if he has it?

Just a thought :)
    TonyT

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Without having paid the 1934 NFA blackmail fee and having the proper papers that go with the tax stamp, a huge fine and time with a guy named bubba is possible.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011

Thanks,
    TonyT

I would guess its a clone, probably a pos built by Todd Bailey.

If you are talking about the hinge pins by the mag well they are not broken off, they can not work with the semi auto's because of the shelf that the atf had the manufactures install.

Clones are hit and miss, they can be made to run reliable but how much money do you throw into a 1k gun? Most of the HK smiths will charge 500.00 plus parts to make them right.

Top Bottom