• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    So, tell me what you guys think about the Hi-Point .45 carbines. Last night my wife and I were in a sporting goods store and a fella next to us asked to see a 45 cal hi point carbine. It had the vertical grip, no optics. my wife said, that looks cool, I want one! I don't know much about them, never really gave any thought to them either. Now after researching them, they do look pretty neat. She wants it to put by the side of the bed, her side too!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hi-Point is the Yugo of the gun world for looks, but seems to be the Unimog of durability. I have not seen many objectively negative reviews out there, and would purchase one if I had the need for a pistol caliber carbine.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    hi point

Yeah, currently she has hand gun but really liked this carbine with the vertical grip. I showed her my AR and for some reason, she mentally wants to like that carbine. I think I have permission to buy another though:)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Those are fun guns. My brother has one and it runs like a swiss watch. It's no AR, but if your wife is happy with it, I haven't heard anything bad about them.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    My buddy has one and I have put a few rounds down range with it, they are a blast to shoot. Ammo prices have me leaning more toward the 9mm version.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've got the 9mm carbine because my carry gun is a 9. Fun gun to shoot. Excellent customer service too. Had an issue with the barrel not mounted properly when I purchased it, called and sent it in--fixed (actually replaced) nary an issue since.

Since I got mine, I have had a couple of buddies get one too. I shot my friends with the vertical grip and I think I'm going to get one for mine, it seemed to me to be more stable. I put a red dot scope on mine as well. I have maybe $260 wrapped up in it.

Say what you will about Hi Points--I'm not keen on the handguns--but I'm having a blast with my carbine.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I had one and sold it to a member here because I had trouble getting it to feed correctly. (I told him about the feed issue before hand) With the issue I had I could never be comfortable with it in a life or death situation.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I had one and sold it to a member here because I had trouble getting it to feed correctly. (I told him about the feed issue before hand) With the issue I had I could never be comfortable with it in a life or death situation.

You sure it wasn't just a Mag issue? Have found that with a few of them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was looking at some that Bradis had today, and I have to admit that I'm a little intrigued. When I first heard about them I wasn't interested at all...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I want a couple pretty bad actually but the money has dried up in the past couple of years and I can't even afford ammo any longer:( I have a Beretta CX4 in .40 that shares mags and ammo with my 90-Two though and I can't imagine the hipoint being any more or less fun. Pistol caliber carbines are AWESOME. I will have a hipoint as a truck gun one day but really NEED a .357 carbine first;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I've heard this can happen with Hi-Points. It probably caught a glimpse of itself in the mirror and is attempting suicide by starving to death. :n00b:
    There's nothing you can do but bury it - now.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually, given the price, it is one of the best kept secrets out there. I've had a 9mm for a couple of years now and it has been perfect. With the exception of an aftermarket magazine, it has been trouble free.

The best part is how much fun it is to shoot; relatively inexpensive ammunition, lifetime warranty and the ts is almost ugly/cool. I do wish somone would come up with a folding butt stock design for it, though.

I would not hesitate to recommend it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've got one. I cut part of the stock off to reduce its overall length and make it easy to carry in the truck.

Think of it this way - the extra barrel length turns the 9mm into a 357 magnum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've got one. I cut part of the stock off to reduce its overall length and make it easy to carry in the truck.

Think of it this way - the extra barrel length turns the 9mm into a 357 magnum.
    I'm guessing your truck has at least a 6 foot bed... the ones I saw were much smaller... :dunno:

You do make a good point though, about the barrel length! :)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have one of the 995 carbines, its never missed a lick in the year Ive had it. Alot of fun to shoot. My GF has pretty much laid claim to it though, she has alot of fun with it. Im sure the .45 would be about the same.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom