• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I was on the State's website checking road conditions and saw a prominent picture of a handgun with the words "Firearms Licensing" (link here: ISP: Road Conditions )

I click on the link and get to another page that has 4 Acrobat reader files. One says "Licensing a Firearm". When you click on it you get info on how to apply for a license to carry.
    I have a big problem with the wording. We don't license firearms in Indiana! I gives the sheeple a false impression that they need to register their guns. :noway:

I have called our local news stations on this in the past when they have run stories about shootings and talked about an "unregistered firearm"

I also don't like the other file title. "Firearm fee schedule". It is not a fee to own a firearm you liberal idiot! It's a fee schedule for the holder of the license!:n00b:

Words have meaning, give em and inch and before you know it we will have to register our guns! I am calling the state today to argue this and try to have it changed. I would suggest others do so too.

Rant just beginning......

skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    I just saw that too - actually I was a bit surprised to go to the ISP webpage for road conditions, and there was a picture of a handgun, with a link prominently displayed to start the application process - even though it wasn't worded very accurately.

Top Bottom