• ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This stuff always happens on weekends!
    I’m hoping to find someone that might have an inducer fan motor on hand.
    i hate to call a company when I can replace it myself.
    its for my daughters Bryant furnace.
    anyone with parts or an old unit sitting around?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These parts are usually brand specific and older ones can problematic to find on a weekend.
    Whatever brand unit you have try and find someone that services these units. You stand a better chance of finding the part.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Anything I can do to get this one to limp through the weekend? It will run for a while. Then locks up. Then I can get it spinning again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Jakel is the name on the motor. Is that the only one I can use? Is Carrier and Bryant the same?

Carrier and Bryant are most often the same parts in a given product line as to BTU/eff rating.
    Is this a 92% unit with the plastic flu or an 80% unit with a steel flu pipe. It makes a huge difference.

No, the supply houses are not open. You will have to contact a carrier/bryant service company. That will be your only source.
    We never strip those parts from old furnaces as they would just stockpile and take up space we do not have. Seldom if ever get a call for one. Except now.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Only reason i had one and im not sure it would have worked was because it was less than 6 montgs since we put it in... Not sure why we replaced their system. Pretty much all blur together.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only reason i had one and im not sure it would have worked was because it was less than 6 montgs since we put it in... Not sure why we replaced their system. Pretty much all blur together.

We scrap out most everything we pull out. Lost interest in dealing in worn out units/parts long ago.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Hey. Sorry to hear about the furnace issues. You can try oiling it. Done that to get by. Is it noisy? And it should not be hard to take off and oil. They get really hot in the exhaust gases so the oil won’t last long but hopefully get you by until you get a replacement. Good luck

corngrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    I second using some 3n one oil. At need to disassemble the Motor to oil the inner bearing. Try Shorty's HVAC supply Monday. They are great for over the counter parts sales without the attitude and bs of the bigger parts houses

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks guys!
    I've got it disassembled. So, just oil the spindle?
    it spins free disassembled, locked up often while running. Is that unusual?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Carrier and Bryant are most often the same parts in a given product line as to BTU/eff rating.
    Is this a 92% unit with the plastic flu or an 80% unit with a steel flu pipe. It makes a huge difference.

No, the supply houses are not open. You will have to contact a carrier/bryant service company. That will be your only source.
    We never strip those parts from old furnaces as they would just stockpile and take up space we do not have. Seldom if ever get a call for one. Except now.
    80%

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. Those run a lot hotter so the working environment is intense.
    I can not see in my mind a way you can get oil onto the shaft so it gets into the front bearing on the motor. But I have not spent a lot of time trying to fix one either.
    If you can text/PM me the furnace model/serial I can get you one on Monday. Best I can do my friend.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    OK. Those run a lot hotter so the working environment is intense.
    I can not see in my mind a way you can get oil onto the shaft so it gets into the front bearing on the motor. But I have not spent a lot of time trying to fix one either.
    If you can text/PM me the furnace model/serial I can get you one on Monday. Best I can do my friend.
    I appreciate it buddy. I might try Shortys unless you can get me one cheaper?
    model 383kav035070.
    product # is the model # plus AJJA
    numbers on the Jakel inc. motor are J238-150-1571

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I appreciate it buddy. I might try Shortys unless you can get me one cheaper?
    model 383kav035070.
    product # is the model # plus AJJA
    numbers on the Jakel inc. motor are J238-150-1571

Shorty will sell to you without the grief. He is a personal friend of mine. I have to take the spouse to a Dr's app. in the morning. I will tied up until noon or better.
    Give shorty's a call. They will most likely have it. If you get any grief call me and I will get you hooked up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the referral guys.
    Mike Short (Shortys) had the part in stock and waiting at will call for me. In and out in two minutes. Once I was back at my daughters house, five minutes and she had heat. Saved her about $500 if she had to call a Hvac company.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the referral guys.
    Mike Short (Shortys) had the part in stock and waiting at will call for me. In and out in two minutes. Once I was back at my daughters house, five minutes and she had heat. Saved her about $500 if she had to call a Hvac company.

Sweet. Mike is a stellar individual.

Top Bottom