• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Nothing like -4 degrees this morning to motivate one to look into these again, lol. Good ol leather gloves wear out fast enough under actual working use so I have not taken the plunge since the fancy heated ones won't be lasting longer than that. But then again, if only used on days like today, maybe a pair could last a number of years. Anyone have um/use um? These look nice but pricey $$ https://fieldsheer.com/collections/mens-heated-gloves/products/ranger-heated-workglove#

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never used heated gloves. When I was a kid I would wear a pair of the plain old brown jersey work gloves inside a pair of leather welding gloves and I could stay out in the snow all day, even in temps like today. When camping, a bonus was I could pick up flaming logs to rearrange a campfire. :):

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I just bought som insulated leather gloves and find they are just to thick to do most things. I have standar thin leather gloves and will just throw some latex gloves/liner in with them and am good to go. I have never tried the heated gloves or heated jackets/socks.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The cold weather knit gloves that are latex dipped work fairly well.
    That's what I've been using when I need to be in the cold, and so far they're working pretty well. I ordered them from Uline.

They have a few different options available:

I use the Super Gription Thermal Latex Coated Gloves.

Edited: to be fair I'm not outside today, so I'm not sure how they'll hold up to this cold.

Last edited:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I know everyone has their own physical things going on but what kind of work are you doing outside that you would wear out leather gloves but need added heat? FWIW I wear totally different gloves when I am on the tractor than I do when handling firewood or when doing something mechanical or on a hike. I probably have too many pairs of gloves lol.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    I know everyone has their own physical things going on but what kind of work are you doing outside that you would wear out leather gloves but need added heat? FWIW I wear totally different gloves when I am on the tractor than I do when handling firewood or when doing something mechanical or on a hike. I probably have too many pairs of gloves lol.
    Same here, I have preferred gloves for different tasks as well. I'm active and outside a lot, yea land/homestead maintenance, but not all work, for projects and enjoyment. Negative temps are a difference maker. When the gloves have to come off for a minute or two, or heaven forbid have to handle something metal, the fingers never seem to warm back up after that. Hence back inside trying to re with frozen fingers.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Wife has renauds syndrome - blood flow restricted to her fingers when she gets slightly cold.

Had a decent set of rechargeable, but was rough on the cord and one stopped working.

She went through 3 different s sets for Amazon before getting a pair with longevity of run time and warm enough. Now we can go on cold day walks and hikes.

I have heated vest the I use for deer hunting, but haven’t resorted to gloves yet. I like my dexterity in the stand

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    These are very good cold weather work gloves, good grip, durable, decent dexterity, just not good enough at these temps
    View attachment 325714
    I've got a pair very similar to these that I picked up at TSC a few years ago, and they're great! Cold like today I'd keep a set of HotHands in my coat pocket and rotate into the gloves as needed for a quick warmup relief.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I work outside for a living and I find that regular leather work gloves are enough for me. A nice compromise with warmth and dexterity to accomplish most tasks. When I need more warmth I like my Zippo hand warmer I can light and stick in my pocket. I'll be bringing that tomorrow lol

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not heated but these work great, dexterity isn't the best. I used them in a -20 F freezer and my hands stayed comfortable. And that is actual -20, not including wind chill.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Nothing like -4 degrees this morning to motivate one to look into these again, lol. Good ol leather gloves wear out fast enough under actual working use so I have not taken the plunge since the fancy heated ones won't be lasting longer than that. But then again, if only used on days like today, maybe a pair could last a number of years. Anyone have um/use um? These look nice but pricey $$ https://fieldsheer.com/collections/mens-heated-gloves/products/ranger-heated-workglove#
    At $179.99 a pair, I could buy a case of chemical hand warmers every year to wear in the palms on cold days for many, many years and still be money ahead. Of course, I tend to lose gloves long before they wear out. Which is why I stick with wool military surplus gloves and use handwarmers on the really cold days. For tougher more durable gloves, I'd look at getting an oversized pair of bison leather work gloves with the wool gloves and the handwarmers underneath as necessary.

Top Bottom