• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Get a video camera and use it. May help protect you from the restraining order if they see the other party being out of control.

My 2 cents anyway.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    That's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

What's to prevent the idiot neighbor from getting a restraining order to ensure that you are disarmed allowing them to assault you in relative safety knowing you can't defend yourself (a court mandated gun free zone in your own home). What BS!

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    What kind of problems are you having to the point where you would need to call the cops? You don't explain the situation here.

What is up with the money they ripped off?

What kind of threats?

How have they "harassed and threatened you"

Why are the police always at their house?

Remember, this neighborhood is relatively quite and has been for 8 years. Then they move in and the cops have been there because of these people more times in one month than I've seen cops in the neighborhood since I've lived here. Somethings gotta get done and By God, if no one else is going to do it, I am.
    http://policelink.com/topics/26696-...re-there-to-help-you-when-you-need-them/posts

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    AND, I do think the officer that responded to your call was a bit off with the comments about carrying around the house, driveway and yard....

I also think that policelink was the wrong forum to post such an emotional essay to, and I'm not surprised by the responses that you have received there. What did you expect the officers to do? Unless you were being physically threatened and had sufficient evidence of it, there's not much they can do but tell your neighbors to stop it unless you have a restraining order. So, since you don't want to move, and obviously you can't force your neighbors to move, your only option is to apply for that restraining order.

I understand that you felt threatened, and that you were disappointed in the officer that responded, but as I believe was stated on the other site, you can't carry a policeman in your pocket 24/7.

:+1:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What kind of problems are you having to the point where you would need to call the cops? You don't explain the situation here.

What is up with the money they ripped off?

What kind of threats?

How have they "harassed and threatened you"

Why are the police always at their house?

I've decided to not go into detail any further about this, but I will say that the threats are very real, the money was to get them some food, and I don't need video evidence of the problems they cause because I have witnesses all around my block. I'll be going to the home owners association to find out my options and see about getting them removed. I've been driven outta my apartment, I'll be DAMNED if I'm letting someone drive me from my own mother's house.

If I explain to the people at court that we are in fear of our life, that we own guns, that the other party does too, and that if they get one on us we can't afford to have them taken away, well, I guess I'm wondering if there's a way to keep my guns for my own protection?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Contact the owner of the property...can find that out via the courthouse. Tell them what their tenants are up to and how many times the po-po have been called.

If the owner is any kind of decent landlord, he'll evict them.

-J-

Top Bottom