• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I haven't personally used one, but I've heard that it works pretty well, but doesn't have a very large capacity. So if you are thinking about cleaning alot of brass you might keep that in mind.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have one that I use but be careful as it can harm some finishes. I know that people say it will ruin the polycoat on a CZ.

So far I have only used it on my stainless CZ, Kahr CM9 which is stainless and polymer, and a S&W stainless revolver. Worked great on all of those.

We ran some brass through it as well and it does very well, but with the hassle of drying it, I will probably stay with tumbling.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I use a ultrasonic cleaner from Menards on my rifle brass. Works great. The Harbor Freight one is a little bigger than mine and has a timer. Will be upgrading to it soon.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    I've had one for almost 2 years and works well. It's worth the money especially when they're on sale or you have the discount coupon. Mine gets really, really, hot so I have to let it sit and cool to get the brass out. The only thing is that I wish it had came with the basket that the Lyman comes with, same cleaner btw, but didn't feel like ordering one for 20 some dollars shipped. I haven't seen any of these baskets elsewhere either. With the basket, the heat wouldn't be as big a deal.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got one and it works great. I only use it on gun parts and use my own cleaner of dishwashing liquid and window cleaner. I finish off with a tooth brush and then dry thoroughly and oil with the proper lubricant.
    I bought one of the 19V screwdriver/flashlight combos for $19.95 on sale and I love that thing. It's not a commercial driver/drill but it's great for 400+ screws on a charge. I actually bought another one after I got the first one just for the extra battery and charger. Very good "bargain/Chinese" seldom use items.

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I had one of the Harbor Frieght cleaners and it worked OK. I soon found a double transducer model on e-bay and upgraded to that and it works far better. With both of them I made up quick and dirty "baskets" using simple plastic food storage containters from the grocery store. I simply drilled a bunch of 3/16" holes in the bottoms for drainage. This way you can have multiple hoppers ready to go. When one is done, take it out and drop in the next. You can do separate calibers sorted easily this way. I also like using the citric acid for my brass. Get it on Amazon for cheap. It works great and has many other uses.

Hope this helps some.

Steve

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've got one. It works great, but as stated above, it gets hot. It didn't do this when I initially bought it, so I'm not sure what is causing it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    From the Lyman website, notice that there are two different cleaning solutions: one for gun parts and one for brass casings. They are pretty clear about what metals each should be used on.

Lyman Products Your Primary Source for Reloading Equipment

Funny, looks like they just rebranded the Kendal one, and nearly doubled the price.

Amazon.com : Kendal Industrial Grade 160 Watts 2.5 Liters Digital Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner : Kendall Indutrial Cleaner : Electronics

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    There's apparently a company in China that makes these for a lot of folks. I've seen several brands that look identical. I paid about $60-$65 for mine at Harbor Freight.

Top Bottom