• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Wednesday I went with the brother in law to Roush Lake range. I had my new rifle to fire and he had his judge he had yet to fire since buying new. We started firing just before noon and a few minutes after 3 it broke. To clarify the use he had been rotating between the judge, p22 and rifle. Basically firing about 10 rounds before sitting it down for a few to fire something else. The first 50 went just fine, the next one was it's last.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow!!! I don't think you will be able to buff that out. Was there blockage in the bore? Bad handload? What happened.

Glad that nobody was hurt.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    All new factory rounds were being fired, the box that blew it up I bought that day! No blockages at all. The frame just broke. Took it in the shop where he bought it, was packaged to be shipped back to them immediately. Should find out wtf happened soon I hope. Just glad he didn't get another round through, the misalignment was so bad he would have been called stubby or worse.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Even though the likeliness of this happening again is very slim he is seriously considering selling the replacement and getting a 1911.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think that would ruin my confidence in that firearm manufacturer.
    Good to hear your brother wasn't hurt.

You do know that every gun manufacture has more than their fair share of kaboom's. After all even Glock's got their own little run with the.

Gonna
    Love
    Our
    Crazy
    Kabooms

Not mine, I'm not a Glock fanboy

glock02.jpg

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    You do know that every gun manufacture has more than their fair share of kaboom's. After all even Glock's got their own little run with the.

Gonna
    Love
    Our
    Crazy
    Kabooms

Not mine, I'm not a Glock fanboy

glock02.jpg

I hear you....just seems I've heard more than a few bad stories about the OP's gun maker & other than this one maybe urban myth.
    I hope Taurus replaces the OP's brothers gun for him & then some.

I've had a few kabooms to, but were older used purchases where it be more common...not a new gun.

PS isn't that the "lawn mower Glock"?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If God had meant us to have polymer revolvers, He would not have given us the J, K/L and N frames.

I assume no one was hurt since you said nothing to that effect?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Wednesday I went with the brother in law to Roush Lake range. I had my new rifle to fire and he had his judge he had yet to fire since buying new. We started firing just before noon and a few minutes after 3 it broke. To clarify the use he had been rotating between the judge, p22 and rifle. Basically firing about 10 rounds before sitting it down for a few to fire something else. The first 50 went just fine, the next one was it's last.

I hate when that happens! At least no one was hurt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks to me like one of the 45LCs didn't fet out of the barrel (squib). The primer going off, but not igniting powder can still make a bang, just not as loud.

I could be wrong, I wasn't there.

I have a Taurus 92. 18 years, and so many rounds through it I'm surprised the barrels any good. Still rock solid.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I can't stand people constantly bashing Taurus. I have owned at least 6 or 7 of them over the years, and they've all been fine. Every manufacturer has issues. *shrug*

Heres one,
    blown_gun2.jpg

And another,
    amtkaboom1-1.jpg

And a third,
    Kaboom1.jpg

All manufacturers have issues. Notably, older Tauri were known for their issues, but I think that their quality has improved vastly since then, (despite the OP.)

/rant

To the OP, sorry your range time was ruined, but glad that nobody got hurt. Best of luck in the future.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I guess I take the Judge off my "to buy" list.

No reason for that! Any gun you want to buy, with a little research, will yield a failure of some kind. Not saying Taurus is perfect put I have but about 200 rounds of 45 Colt and about 20 or so .410 through mine and its just fine!

I hope Taurus does replace the OP's Judge for him.

Top Bottom