• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Sorry, but you are wrong. The "desired" carry method was instituted by various agencies, based around the design. It was not designed to be carried in any one particular condition. You may see recommendations, but no hard proof of what you claim.

Fine, the point being that it makes way more sense than drawing the weapon, then racking the slide, or drawing the weapon and pulling the hammer back. I'm willing to bet the majority of 1911 carriers would agree.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Fine, the point being that it makes way more sense than drawing the weapon, then racking the slide, or drawing the weapon and pulling the hammer back. I'm willing to bet the majority of 1911 carriers would agree.

Yes, and with it being in condition 0, you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment, so when you pull the trigger, your target hopefully is hit with great accuracy. :ar15:

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    It increases the chances of a ND, esp when holstering. But it's a free country, carry as you see fit.

If I'm holstering, it will have the safety on. Once in the holster, the safety comes off. If I draw it from the holster for any reason other than to shoot it, the safety goes on first.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So we're strolling around a grocery store tonight, and saw a man CC'ing, which wasn't unusual, until I looked closer.

He was carrying a 1911 .45, and I could have swore the hammer was back on the gun.

Huh!!?? :dunno:

CC = Concealed Carry. If he was concealed, how do you know what condition he was carrying it in?

Did you mean OC (Open Carry)?

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    If I'm holstering, it will have the safety on. Once in the holster, the safety comes off. If I draw it from the holster for any reason other than to shoot it, the safety goes on first.

That sounds great on paper, but you said this about 4 posts ago:

"Yes, and with it being in condition 0, you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment, so when you pull the trigger, your target hopefully is hit with great accuracy"

Manipulating a safety upon reholstering is reinforcing those very same muscle memory skills that you don't want to worry about. Again, you carry however you see fit.

I'm going with Col Cooper on this one.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yes, and with it being in condition 0, you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment, so when you pull the trigger, your target hopefully is hit with great accuracy. :ar15:

So why not just pin your grip safety down too? That way "you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment," and not get a good grip on the firearm therefore not fully depressing the grip safety.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    For a minute I wondered if you saw me, as I too was CC'ing a 1911 cocked and locked this evening. But I wasn't at a store in the INDY area, and I thought I had it pretty well concealed.

:)

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    That sounds great on paper, but you said this about 4 posts ago:

"Yes, and with it being in condition 0, you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment, so when you pull the trigger, your target hopefully is hit with great accuracy"

Manipulating a safety upon reholstering is reinforcing those very same muscle memory skills that you don't want to worry about. Again, you carry however you see fit.

I'm going with Col Cooper on this one.

Not quite.

I always keep safety as the number one priority when I handle a weapon. Applying the safety prior to handling the firearm is not just memory movement, it's common sense. There is nothing to "worry" about so long as it's safe.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    So why not just pin your grip safety down too? That way "you don't need to worry about memory motion failure in the heat of the moment," and not get a good grip on the firearm therefore not fully depressing the grip safety.

It certainly is an option. ;)

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Not quite.

I always keep safety as the number one priority when I handle a weapon. Applying the safety prior to handling the firearm is not just memory movement, it's common sense. There is nothing to "worry" about so long as it's safe.

No, in the heat of the moment, you will fight like you train. Muscle memory is everything. Look, as much as I'd like to convince you that you're being a danger to yourself, your mind is made up. So, you go ahead and carry condition 0. I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

one more thing, take a look at this poll and consider why so many 1911 guys believe in condition one.

What "condition" do you carry your 1911 in? - The Firing Line Forums

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom