• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    INGO Members,

I was informed this evening, by a fellow councilor and member of the Republican caucus, that Proposal 39, 2010 is dead. He said it does not matter how much work I put into it. He said there is no way they will vote to send it to the full council. They do not want to embarrass other Republican councilors or the Mayor for their anti gun stance. This tells me that the Republican caucus is full of cowards. They do not have the guts to stand up to the mayor. They would rather continue being his rubber stamp.

Many have asked what they can do. First, call your councilor's. Call everyone of them. Tell them that you want them to allow prop 39 to get a fair hearing in front of the full council. Second, stand behind me this next Monday as I introduce a Special Resolution stating that the city of Indianapolis agrees with Attorney General Zoeller's recent friend of the court brief.

The first 10 amendments of the US Constitution are called the Bill of Rights. Lets remind them that the 2nd Amendment gives us the right to bear arms. This is a right. It is not a priveledge or a suggestion. A suggestion is just that, it is suggested. A priveledge is something that has to be earned. They need to remember that these are our rights. They can not cherry pick the ones that they like and leave the rest.

Don't give up. Don't let them kill this Proposal. This is our right and we should be willing to fight for it. Please contact me if you want to do something more.

Ed Coleman
    Councilor, At-Large
    Indianapolis City-County Council
    edward.coleman@gmail.com

Thank you for your work on this, Mr. Coleman. At what time will this introduction take place on Monday?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Thank you for your work on this, Mr. Coleman. At what time will this introduction take place on Monday?
    I popped Ed an email asking him about this, and he sent this reply:
    Ed Coleman said:
    Pami,

My internet has been down for a couple days. It should be back up by tomorrow evening if the tech gets out to my house on time.

Will you let everyone know that the resolution will be introduced during the first part of the council meeting. The meeting starts at 7pm. It is best to be there a bit early.

Thanks,
    Ed

PS. If any of you send him a PM that needs a response or otherwise need to get in touch with him, let me know, and I'll forward it on to him. He asked if I would be his point of contact for the board since he can't check back in every day.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    And Monroe will thank you for the vote you gave him.

I am going to vomit. Seriously.

I remember growing up my parents once talking about the election. I was just starting to develop my own sense of the world and had an opinion about who they should vote for. My dad said something like, "You are right. He is the best candidate. But he won't win... I don't want to throw my vote away."

Thank goodness my parents raised me to be able to think for myself. Thank goodness I'm not scared to stand for what is right.

If enough people would just stand up, things would be better. FAR too many people are scared. This is why the two main parties are basically exactly the same (worthless)... I won't be voting for either major party for city councel in the next election (or the last).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "But look at them...!" is about the same as a guilty plea you know.

I can't think of a better reason to NEVER vote for any one in either major wing on the ONE BIG UNI-PARTY. They the best reason they have for support is their opponent. They are all liars and thieves and you've just acknowledged it.

It's not because the democrats are angles or angels, it's because REPUBLICANS ARE POLITICIANS AND SO ARE DEMOCRATS. It's not a republican/democrat thing. It's a worker bee/queen bee, serf/rulers, POLITICIANS/citizens.

People who can't see that are the reason we are where we are today. They keep repeating the same thing they do every election and are surprised when the country continues down the same spiral path.:rolleyes:

AMEN!!!!!

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I am going to vomit. Seriously.

I remember growing up my parents once talking about the election. I was just starting to develop my own sense of the world and had an opinion about who they should vote for. My dad said something like, "You are right. He is the best candidate. But he won't win... I don't want to throw my vote away."

Thank goodness my parents raised me to be able to think for myself. Thank goodness I'm not scared to stand for what is right.

If enough people would just stand up, things would be better. FAR too many people are scared. This is why the two main parties are basically exactly the same (worthless)... I won't be voting for either major party for city councel in the next election (or the last).
    And thus we elected Clinton - TWICE!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I popped Ed an email asking him about this, and he sent this reply:

PS. If any of you send him a PM that needs a response or otherwise need to get in touch with him, let me know, and I'll forward it on to him. He asked if I would be his point of contact for the board since he can't check back in every day.

Thanks for doing this, Pami.

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    And thus we elected Clinton - TWICE!

Amen. While I vaguely understand where some folks are coming from relative to incumbants and BIG UNI-PARTY, makes no sense to throw the perverbial baby out with the bathwater. There are some good folks (e.g.-Pence, Burton) that would be a shame to shove out the door with the spineless politicians (e.g. - Lugar).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Amen. While I vaguely understand where some folks are coming from relative to incumbants and BIG UNI-PARTY, makes no sense to throw the perverbial baby out with the bathwater. There are some good folks (e.g.-Pence, Burton) that would be a shame to shove out the door with the spineless politicians (e.g. - Lugar).
    Just my opinion, but I would look again at Burton and his record. He's not my friend, and I have had contact (mail, telephone and personal) with him many times over many types of legislation, including VA issues. IMO, he talks a lot but he doesn't say anything.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    So when Monroe Gray runs against Ballard you will be voting for him?

Nope, I'll be voting for the Libertarian running against both of them.

And Monroe will thank you for the vote you gave him.

This is the same song Republican's say at every election about every third party candidate.

Let's put it this way. The current mayor is a 3. Monroe would be at worst a 2. Either way we lose. Might as well try to win something that sucks less...

[RANT]
    We as humans like to pick winners. It's in our nature to do so. Nobody wants to pick the losing side, even when it's the right thing to do. Look at how many Colts fans there are when they're undefeated. Then check back two days after they lose the Superbowl. The problem is both teams suck.

If the East coast is Larger Government, the West coast is Smaller Government. We're currently on a train heading east rapidly. The Democrats want to take us to Atlanta. The Republicans to New York. Personally I want to go to Austin, but the only ones even talking about going west are the Libertarians. How does Voting for a Republican get me where I want to go?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

[/RANT]

Last edited:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Thank you Mr. Coleman for the work you have done on this proposal.
    It has brought our 2A rights to the limelight and caused some politicians to uncomfortably show their true colors. (yellow)
    I have had several conversations about the issue with people who were otherwise unaware of or uninterested in how important our 2A rights are since this idea was brought up.

One thing though: The Bill of Rights does not GIVE us rights, it PROTECTS our preexisting rights from the predations of government.
    If people believe that the government is giving us a right, they will accept it when that government takes it away...

If Monroe Gray is elected Mayor, I'm moving.

Top Bottom