• Are you surprised about this ?

• Total voters

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All I can say is that MANY servers in downtown restaurants that qualify for vacation take it during Black Expo and CCC. They say it isn't worth the trouble to work for little to no tips from the Expo visitors. We'll see what happens this year? Me, there is NOTHING that could get me near downtown during Expo, even free guns. Racist or realist?:dunno:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As someone who is white, and has worked the CCC in years past I can confidently say that the media under plays the violence that does occur.

Two years in a row I ran sound for the "Youth event" in the Egyptian room. First year, a gang fight breaks out, gunshots ring out, i am hiding behind a 6ft tall Sub Cabinet...that was about 30 minutes into the event, show canceled.

The next year we made it through the event, and were loading our trucks when we heard a loud exchange of words. We look over and there is this 12-13 year old kid talking to an older gentleman who was leaving the Murat club. We started to walk over to see if the old guy needed help, but before we could, the kid ran.

The guy told us the story. The kid said he had a gun in his pocket, and for the guy to give up his wallet. The old guy replied "Son, I am a doctor and a Shriner, I dedicated my life to putting kids like you back together. If you want to shoot me, shoot me"

I guess the kid just stammered something and ran off.

I have been threatened at several other of these such events. It happens, it doesn't make the news unless its on the street in plain view.

(for the record, I am not a racist, I have a mixed step son I love dearly. Even HE is ashamed of one half of his heritage when they are stupid)

Top Bottom