• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    This bill includes language for mandatory 20 year prison sentence for gun trafficking....... So I say Pass the bill

only if Congress insert the language to arrest and put Obama and Holder on trial for gun trafficking in the Fast and Furious Gun Walking scandal! A federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious allowed weapons from the U.S. to pass into the hands of suspected gun smugglers so the arms could be traced to the higher...................20 years in prison will give them both time to think about the death and destruction they caused the people of Mexico with this deplorable operation against Mexico!

Gun Control Bill With Bipartisan Support Unveiled In House

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Sad to say that even if Congress had the will to do so, such language would be unConstitutional as an ex post facto law. Of course, that's not to say that current laws in place couldn't be used, or if they were stupid enough to try F&F again after this passed, but as it stands now, no, this would not pass Constitutional muster.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sad to say that even if Congress had the will to do so, such language would be unConstitutional as an ex post facto law. Of course, that's not to say that current laws in place couldn't be used, or if they were stupid enough to try F&F again after this passed, but as it stands now, no, this would not pass Constitutional muster.

Blessings,
    Bill

If they aren't facing consequences for doing something that is already illegal, how is this going to change anything other than the threat to us after they manage to ram through universal background checks which an amazing number of people supposedly on our side are too obtuse to recognize a presenting the danger they promise to bring.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    If they aren't facing consequences for doing something that is already illegal, how is this going to change anything other than the threat to us after they manage to ram through universal background checks which an amazing number of people supposedly on our side are too obtuse to recognize a presenting the danger they promise to bring.

I used purple in the appropriate place.... I wasn't advocating passing this bill as it is definitely infringing on 2A .

I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of politicains passing laws that don't apply to them...........

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I used purple in the appropriate place.... I wasn't advocating passing this bill as it is definitely infringing on 2A .

I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of politicains passing laws that don't apply to them...........

Indeed so. Bill's thoughts on the ex post facto law caught my attention since it wouldn't be used to punish the king's men even without that issue.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Oh! A new law!

Now everything will get better. We just needed that one more law to achieve perfection.

What's that you say, there's more on the way?

We are blessed to have such wise men and women in Congress!

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    The problem with supporting ANY bill under this administration and these Congressional "leaders", is once they get something passed in the Senate and something else in the House - they'll pull an ObamaCare scam in the Conference Committee and anything goes.

I heard this morning the Feinstein AWB portion in the Senate is being moved into a bill amendment to get this ball rolling but I haven't found much to confirm that. But it certainly fits the pattern.

If ObamaCare taught us anything it is that they can and will write law almost entirely in Conference and with only a small subset of Representatives.

THIS is the possibility that frankly scares me the most because it's already been tested, and it worked. And they'll do it again.

Top Bottom