• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Stop calling them "Assault weapons." It is not helping. They are tactical carbines. That name only fuels these people.
    :): We have tried. Got called "grammar Nazis", "petty", "arguing over semantics", etc.
    I rarely bother anymore. The dumbasses are too stupid to realize what's being done to them by those who control the language of the debate.
    Already had a hunting co worker saying no one needs a 30 round magazine or an AR 15 style rifle because they are not used for hunting.
    Don't need none 'o them thar 'salt raffles at awr show. It's a awl about a huntin' an' a fishin', don'tcha know?

I think we're way overdue to change our terminology. I've never owned an assault rifle. I have a couple of AR15 target/varmint rifles, though.
    No can do there, Cletus. We done been told raht here on tha INGO, "Bah gawd, awl cawl a semi a uh 'salt raffle if'n ah wawnt tyoo, an' awl cawl it a clee-up if'n ah wawnt tyoo! So thayr!" :mullet:

Last edited:

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How about Semi-Automatic Rifles (SAR)? I'd suggest Semi-Automatic Weapon but SAW is already taken for Squad Automatic Weapon. I gotta .22 tube magazine SAR, Remington 550 speedmaster... or 552, one of those numbers.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Already had a hunting co worker saying no one needs a 30 round magazine or an AR 15 style rifle because they are not used for hunting.

Tell him No One needs a hunting type gun because they are not used for personal protection or defense of a country when needed. Further explain the militia type firearms are the ONLY ones covered by the 2nd amendment, and they should be glad that they are allowed to own hunting guns at all, although they will be next to taken. Banned = Confiscation much like registration = confiscation. We need to use the right wording, if you allow the other person to define the words you use like calling a home defense sporting rifle an "assault" rifle you have already lost. I tell them "assault is an adjective and can only be applied to something as it is used. A frozen carrot is a healthy food, until you stab someone in the neck with it, then it is an assault carrot. The military defines assault weapon as a machine gun, simplify it for them and just tell them the media knows nothing about firearms.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Clearly, we strongly support the Second Amendment.

"ESS is proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of the rich hunting and fishing tradition passed from generation to generation by American families."

Several said the decision covers "just this year. Take a break for a year."

Take a break from the Second Amendment. What does he expect to find there when he returns.

Frankly folks like this are worse enemies than Di Fi. They are more than willing to throw everyone else under the bus for their own convenience.

Yes, when they come for his hunting guns/knives/sharp stick, who does he think will have his sixes?

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    They will take us down one group at a time this way. Divide and conquer.

While I don't want to bring this into play your comment struck a cord with me. This is the same thing that the unions have been saying and we have seen in class warfare with divide and conquer. Until a group stands united you can be divided and defeated. Look around the last 30-40 years are proof of this!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nothing on the civillian market is "Tactical" and no weapon in the civillian market is a real "assault weapon" w/o a tax stamp.

I dont own anything "tactical" I dont own any "assault weapons" and I dont own anything that will be used to "kill zombies"

Its all just stupid (albeit effective) marketing.

Kinda like this: M48 Kommando Tactical Hammer/Spear Combo A "tactical" "suvival" spear and hammer. :facepalm:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    If you want to get down to it... any object can be an "assault" weapon. What defines the "assault" is the mal intent on using it for harm.

You can be assaulted with a butter knife for example.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I used to live in PA, nearby to Harrisburg. This has gotten more press there. Glad to verify it. My dad still lives there and he said MANY of the exhibitors are boycotting and the show may flop out because of it.

Also, on a side note, and just to clarifiy FTR: In Pennsylvania -
    ALL semi-automatic rifles are illegal for ALL hunting. ...
    (even a Marlin Model 60 for squirrels).

Enjoy.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Define the word "tactical?" Cause I can go hunting with my uncle's 700 which has an expensive scope that is attached to a rail. The shotgun he uses to hunt has camo paint on it but it has rails on it.

Does rails equal tactical or what?

How about any weapon whose original intent of design was for battlefield and urban combat environments by military, law enforcement SWAT, or other paramilitary agencies.

The definition should not be based on a gun's features. But by the intent of the original design.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    How about any weapon whose original intent of design was for battlefield and urban combat environments by military, law enforcement SWAT, or other paramilitary agencies.

The definition should not be based on a gun's features. But by the intent of the original design.

By your description, an AR15 is not an assault/ tactical rifle. While many have the outward appearance of an M16/M4, they do not have the same functionality. The AR only fires in semi-auto mode and has a mandated longer barrel. The M4/M16 is intended for battle, the AR for sport.

Shotguns are also used by the military and law enforcement, does that make shotguns a tactical weapon? In my opinion it does not.

Some may discount my point because I am a sub50 posting plinker on this board, I am also a 3x combat veteran and would not take an AR into battle if I had access to a REAL assault/tactical weapon. If you would, more power to you.

Last edited:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    By your description, an AR15 is not an assault/ tactical rifle. While many have the outward appearance of an M16/M4, they do not have the same functionality. The AR only fires in semi-auto mode and has a mandated longer barrel. The M4/M16 is intended for battle, the AR for sport.

Shotguns are also used by the military and law enforcement, does that make shotguns a tactical weapon? In my opinion it does not.

Some may discount my point because I am a sub50 posting plinker on this board, I am also a 3x combat veteran and would not take an AR into battle if I had access to a REAL assault/tactical weapon. If you would, more power to you.

You make a valid point about the shotgun. I think some shotguns are designed for personal defense, others for sport, and other for the battlefield. The one designed for the military should stay in the military IMO.

Like I said, my definition is based on intent of design. Not features or functionality. Semi v full auto has nothing to do with my definition. The AR design is clearly M16 based. The M16 is a battlefield design.

This is just a thought about the definition of a tactical weapon and not an endorsement of any particular gun policy.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If the hunters keep pretending like defending the 2nd doesn't pertain to them they will soon find themselves on the chopping block with noone left to defend them.

What do you mean, soon? The antigunners like Gov. Queermo already has hunting people in his sights. It does not matter what you what your firearms for, hunting, target, collecting, home protection, self protection. It does not matter.

You are right. The Hunting Associations, Target Shooting Associations and the like need to get on borad now. This fight is for every gun loven man, woman and child.

Yes, I said Child. Except we will not use or children as wall paper, propaganda or fodder like Castro, Stalin, Hitler and Obama.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    All shooting sports folks should stay away from this show. If they would it would really make a point with these clowns. Have there show attendance whittled down to near zero while all the "normal" gun shows are having record setting attendance. Any PA folks on here to organize a little boycott?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can't remember what exactly was said, but here goes.....
    They cams for .....
    and I didn't speak, 'cause I wasn't one.
    Then they came for the ....
    and I didn't speak 'cause I wasn't one.
    Then they came for me, and there was NO ONE left to SPEAK .....

This exactly what the anti-gun pro-nazi people are doing to us now. Just wait and listen to what silence really sounds like. You, like me, will not like it.

Twenty years or so ago Indianapolis was trying to outlaw guns and become a safe city like Chicago. It came time for the City Council to vote. A brave City Councilman said something very much like that given above. Thank God and Our Great City that this Commie idea did not pass and get a foothold here in Our Great State of Indiana.

Top Bottom