• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm very new to this whole shooting thing so forgive the stupid question. While I have supported my local gun shop (one of them anyway) there are several resources for ordering online. What I'm particularly interested in is a police turn in S&W being offered through J&G Sales. I know that if I order it needs to be shipped to a local ffl dealer. When I run a search, most of the dealers that come up are in the local gun shops.

My question is: if I approach a dealer in a gun shop about a transfer, how likely are they to try to steer me towards something in their own shop? Or are the out of state transfers so common that they won't think twice about it?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My question is: if I approach a dealer in a gun shop about a transfer, how likely are they to try to steer me towards something in their own shop?

If I have a firearm of comparable make/model/style in-stock and it would be the same price or cheaper for you to buy it from me than it would for you to buy from J&G and have me receive it, I'll suggest it to you as an option that might make more sense (which is not to say "apply heavy and unwelcome sales pressure"). If you would still prefer to have me receive the gun from J&G, then I have a form for you to fill out and I will gladly take your money, thank you sir. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm sure 21st Century would help you without any strong arm tactics to purchase from them. However, you may find yourself walking out with your transfer and one or two guns from them. Check out their prices/deals and you'll see what I mean.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    I'm at the other end of the state so this may not be how things are in Fort Wayne. the price of the transfer will tell you how interested the local FFL is in doing transfers. In Evansville, I have seen those transfers run from $10 to $30. Here is a link from gunbroker.com that will let you locate FFLs in your area. GunBroker.com - FFL Holder Network

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The transfer fees seem to be pretty uniform across the board. I realize when I look at online ads that I can add another $50 or more for fees and shipping, not to mention sales tax and/or credit card fees. That said, if I can find the make/model etc. that I'm looking for locally at the same or a little higher price then that's the way to go. Being notoriously cheap, a lot of the models that catch my eye are used and discontinued so finding them in local shops is pretty difficult. And yes, I've been to 21st :) I'm trying to hit as many local shops as possible to get an idea who has what for how much. Not to mention getting a read on customer service.

Top Bottom