Please reply by conversation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    MODs if this is inappropriate please remove and let me know. Based on the prior group buy I did where we sent each IN Sheriff a 2A book and used INGO website as the point for the organization I'm putting this one up.

The following is a letter dated 23 NOV 10 from the USAF. I have the PDF of the letter along with the 2nd letter of the person here at my job that is helping with this. I will upload them online later today (11/29/2010).

UPDATE
    PDF letter 1 (links removed PM jediagh if you want to see them)
    PDF letter 2 (links removed PM jediagh if you want to see them)
    ---
    MEMORANDUM FOR WHIM IT MAY CONCERN
    SUBJECT: Gift Donations

1. The following Weapons members are assigned to the 455 Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. They are deployed with the F-16 Aircraft Maintenance Unit from Hill AFB, Utah for a six month deployment.

2. I am requesting Christmas gift donations for the following wingle load crew members. They are:

Brandon Oliver
    Steven Oliver
    Andrew Lolmaugh
    Sean Cataline
    Thomas Mahoney
    Timothy Shepard
    Austin Kennedy
    Steven Wheeler
    Stephanie Kroen
    Hillarie Maine
    Daniel Koscielniak
    Pedro Borrego
    Jonathan Williams
    Robert Thomas
    Jared Wilson
    Andrew Van Mill
    Nicholas Anderson

3. Any questions, contact me at Kenneth.atauvich@bgab.afcent.af.mil.

//signed//
    Kenneth D. Atauvich, MSgt, USAF
    Weapons Section Chief

----
    Here is the email that I got today with some more explanations this is the one from my co-worker.

Attached is a personnel request from a friend overseas in Afghanistan for Gift Donations.

My. Atauvich, is on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. he did not have to deploy specifically to Afghanistan but choose to go with the young men and women under his direction.

He has asked help to provide gift donations for the young military personnel on the attached list.

They are very young, single and most without any real family. They will of course receive the USO package for Christmas but nothing additional (unlike others who have family who send them packages monthly). If you would like to select one or two names, please let me know.

For each person, we would like you to fill a large show box with miscellaneous items (tin of cookies, granola bars, snacks, candy, a funny Christmas toy, small boxes of cereal, single packages of Koo-Aid or Gatorade to put in their bottle water, etc.) Please fee free to enclose a Holiday or Christmas Card. Please do not list their name on the box as the boxes will be given out randomly to each man or woman.

My sister and I will need to pick-up your box or receive it by Friday, Dec 3rd. We will ship the boxes out the following week in order to get it to Afghanistan for Christmas.

Especially in this time of uncertainty, thank you and bless you for your kindness to a fellow American.

Veronica Deane
    3933 N. Pine Grove
    Chicago, IL 60613
    email & phone number removed but i have if you want it via PM
    ---

For those of you in NWI if you want to drop off a "care package" at my place I can take it in by THURSDAY, 02 DEC 2010 so I can take it to work on Friday. What I plan on doing is WED or THRS is going to Mejiers/Costco and buying the stuff for the care packages. There are 17 on the list figured if I get 20 of each item:

granola bars,
    candy bars,
    kool-aid mix
    cerealboxes (small)

They could either be added to the care packages my co-worker is making or be sent as is.

So for those outside of NWI here is what I propose.
    A PayPal donation to me to help with the cost of buying the goods.

I can either send you a invoice for whatever amount you want or you can donate via PayPal by going here:
    A&M Productions

(A&M Productions is my PayPal name)

I will be writing individual Christmas cards for each one of them with the url to our site and our names (and/or callsigns if that is all you want).

ALL THE MONEY YOU GIVE WILL GO SOLELY TO BUY ITEMS FOR THE CARE PACKAGES. IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC ITEM BOUGHT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

----
    I understand I'm asking semi-strangers to donate and give money to me a semi-stranger to some on this board. I wish the other group buy I did a while back was still up so you could see how successful that was and that I did not run off with the money.

As such you only have my word (and I hope others who have participated can "vouch" for me) that I will be doing this.

I will scale and upload the receipts of the stuff I buy so that you can see that indeed your donation went to buy the stuff. In addition if you want I can provide you with the phone number/email address of my co-worker who is handling this project. This is not an OFFICIAL WORK PROJECT but she does this kind of stuff often on the side.

I normally don't participate in these type of events since I know the USO does a lot of good work but from 2 letters I got it appears that they individuals listed here are young, single, no family members of the armed forces. Any small token we show them I am sure will not be forgotten.

----
    LIST OF DONORS
    Jediagh
    pudly has donated via PayPal.
    brimaster has donated via PayPal.
    corkey has donated via F2F drop-off
    gunbunnies has donated via F2F drop-off

Current Pot: $149.41 (w/ 2nd update)

Official breakdown
    $50 PayPal donation (no PayPal fee)
    $10 PayPal donation (.59 PayPal fee)
    $50 Cash donation
    $40 Cash donation

FINAL EXPENSE
    Day 1: $112.15
    Day 2: $41.76
    Total: $153.91

----
    IMPORTANT DATES
    You can drop off a care package or items for the package at my house in Griffith or you can use the PayPal donation link above NO LATER THEN THURSDAY, 02 DEC 2010.

--------
    UPDATE #1
    --------
    I went to Meijers & CVS and spent $112.15 today.
    Scanned of reciept can be found at this link:
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/misc/ingo-usaf-01.jpg

CVS cost: $75.78 (credit card) + 6.99 (CVS Credit) + 2.99 (CVS Credit) + 5.98 (CVS Credit) = $91.78

Meijer cost: $20.41 (credit card)

Each solider + MSgt will be getting the following from us. [note 1]
    1 holiday tin can of danish butter cookies
    1 Mr. Goodbar chocolate bar
    1 box of thin mints chocolates
    1 cinnamon toast crunch singles bowl
    1 peppermint candy cane (red & white)
    1 peppermint candy cane (red, green & white)
    1 cherry candy cane (rainbow color)
    1 energy drink mix 1 serving for water bottle wild berry flavor
    1 energy drink mix 1 serving for water bottle wild strawberry flavor
    1 pack (14 sticks) of Orbit chewing gum
    [*]
    1 7201 Final Duel II LEGO set (new in box)
    [*] solider will get one of these flavors: peppermint, cinnamint, wintermint, or sweet mint. I bought two (3) packs of peppermint and cinnamint and one (3) pack of wintermint and sweet mint.

Update 2 items
    In addition each soldier will also get
    3 Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars (assorted flavors)
    2 Fruit By The Foot Fruit Roll-Ups
    2 Nutri-Grain cereal bars (assorted flavors)
    2 Nabisco mini cookie bags (oreos, nutter butter, riz, chips ahoy, or nilla)

Plus for the guys an 8x10 poster of a smoking hot girl showing military gear. No nudity but real nice. Thanks Gunbunnies for these posters. I'm sure the 18 and 19 year olds in the group are gonna LOVE them!

We have another $40 donation coming tomorrow and will use that to make a run to Costco for some granola bars and fruit roll-up snacks as well.

[note 1] I say from us because the co-worker who is organizing this got some items today from other members at work (kool-aid mix, candy, beef jerky, etc..) so our stuff will go into the 18 boxes that already have some items in them as well in addition to the Christmas cards that are being sent.

In addition I have 18 cards that I'll work on tomorrow as well with the following message.

Thank you for your service to our country. Members from the Indiana Gun Owner's websites (url of website) wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Enjoy a sampling of gifts from back home. It's a small token for our appreciation of the sacrifice you are doing to keeping us safe back home. Stay safe and kick butt!

Sincerely,

<<names of donors and/or callsigns>>

Here are some pics of the items:
    usafcp-001.jpg

usafcp-002.jpg

usafcp-003.jpg

--------
    UPDATE #2
    --------
    We got another donation today and with that money we got some more stuff this time from Costco.

link to receipt
    http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/misc/ingo-usaf-02.jpg

• Chewy granola bars
    • Fruit roll-ups
    • Kellog's nutri-grain bars
    • Nabisco mini cookies
    Here is the image of the goodies.
    usafcp-004.jpg

I'll upload the receipt later today. It was a bit more than the $40 we got today but only by a few dollars. Nothing to worry about. $41.76 was the total BTW.

At work tomorrow they will be making the care packages so hopefully I can take some pics of it. The coordinator was very happy with all the stuff I gave them from the group. She was VERY, VERY THANKFUL to all of us!

--update 3---
    final update

Bought one last snack for them (Mott's Applesauce) and was able to get another donation of items for the girls. (Perfumes, soaps, and shampoos) courtesy of my mom.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Project INGOCare did something similar awhile back. With the help of our generous INGO members, we were able to ship almost $1200 worth of care packages to deployed soldiers. Unfortunately, lack of interest (ironically on the deployed side) eventually killed the project, but I was proud to have been involved and even prouder of those who helped make it happen. I'd consider it a priviledge to contribute to this project as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    - PDFs of scanned letters uploaded
    - Donation page on my website added to reflect an INGO USAF Care Package

Thank you to all that will donate and sorry for the short notice on this.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Pudly do you want your real name (the one on PayPal added to the Christmas cards), your INGO callsign or something else? Thank you for your donation.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I contributed to INGO Care and would contribute to anything that supports our servicemembers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Brimaster
    Thank you for your donation. Do you want your real name to appear on the christmas cards that will be enclosed? or your callsign on INGO?

I will be going tonight to Meijers/Costco to begin to pick up some items.
    I was told CVS has some holiday cookies in tins as well for $1 so will try and see if I can pick those up as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Updated OP to show purchase made today, cost of items and pics of items.
    We plan on making a run to Costco tomorrow with the remaining $40 that is coming in to get some additional stuff.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thank you all that donated. The care packages are being packed tomorrow by my co-worker. Each holiday card as the INGO website and my personal email should the solider wish to contact us.

I'll leave this open for 48 hours more to answer any $$$ questions and will close it on MONDAY.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I finally got pictures back from the unit which we gave the care packages to. I should be able to upload them later today or tomorrow for all of you to see. They are awesome. The looks on some of the soldier's face is wow! :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is the thank you text (it was sent via a WORD document) and pictures of the unit opening the presents.

I want to extend my sincere thanks for the Christmas gifts presented to the members of my flight. They were appreciative of the boxes and asked where they came from. I informed them that they were mailed from supportive Americans wishing all of us a Happy Holidays while being apart from our families.
    Again, I want to personally thank you for devoting your time, effort and donations in supporting our troops.
    If you have any questions or need further information, contact me either (edit by me: PM jediagh if you need the email)
    Sincerely,

Kenneth Atauvich, MSgt, USAF
    4th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Unit
    Afghanistan

Msgt Atauvich advised it took him this long to send the images because of the restrictions on the USAF network and low bandiwth they have trying to send big files back home. Thus he had to use a perosnal laptop and and outside network to send the images.

<<images removed for security reasons>>
    Donors please PM jediagh for a power point slide show which is "ok" for public viewing
    I am locking this tread now. Thanks again all!

Once again thank you to everyone that donated!!

Last edited:

red_phoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    :rockwoot: wow Good job to everyone who donated and put it together. I hope you do it through out the year not just christmas. you can count me in :patriot:

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom