• ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    From another site....
    Last night was a wierd one. After it all got sorted out, I have to say that I'm very glad I live in a state that encourages and rewards citizens who choose to arm themselves.

Our Grandmother, matriarch and ruler of this large Kentucky family, had an intruder last night. She lives near campus in an old stone house with LOTS of antiques, but little in the way of 'liquid' valuables. She's 89, and about as mean as the day is long. This woman has lived her life telling it like she sees it and never apologizing for anything.

Last night, when she heard someone force open the patio door in the back yard, she didn't hesitate a whit before grabbing Grandad's old side-by-side and heading downstairs. She's smart, so she knew enough to leave the lights out and CREEP down the double flight of old stairs. By the time she had the guy located, I guess she was angry enough (not to be confused with 'scared enough') to really want this jerk to know what he was getting into, because, as she took a bead on this guy's head, she shouted at him to get the hell out of her house if he didn't want her to paint the wall with his brains. She flipped the light in the room on just as he turned.

He ran.

She got on the phone and called me, then police (no offense, LE pals...she knew I'd get there LONG before a cruiser would show up). By the time I got there, she had the kettle whistling and every light in the place blazing. Man, was she MAD. I'd forgotten just how much fire that ol' gal keeps stoked just below the surface! Lexington's finest came, took a report and checked to see that the place was secure (the door wasn't badly damaged, and after throwing the bolt on the other side, I felt certain that she'd be ok until I can install a new set o' locks), then they split.

Granny and I talked for a bit, and I realized how much this woman shapes the way I see the world. I'm very glad to have role models like her, teaching me even today how to make right out of wrong. We had a laugh when she said that she wasn't sure if the intruder ran because of the gun...or the sight of the 90-year old, 300-pound naked crazy lady waving it at him!
    image035.gif

Good job, Granny!!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I LOVE YOUR GRANNIE! My kind of woman. (Reminds me of my grandmother)

Please tell your grannie that I want to grow up to be just like her!
    Women like her give all us women a boatload of pride!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I LOVE YOUR GRANNIE! My kind of woman. (Reminds me of my grandmother)

Please tell your grannie that I want to grow up to be just like her!
    Women like her give all us women a boatload of pride!

Not my grannie, just a great story I swiped from another site.

Top Bottom