• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That I am not sure of. But I'll bet it's a helluva lot. Would you think it would be 4? My guess would be 3 or 4. If each shell is 4 oz it would be around 1080 per 270lb lot. Someone check my math please.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    That I am not sure of. But I'll bet it's a helluva lot. Would you think it would be 4? My guess would be 3 or 4. If each shell is 4 oz it would be around 1080 per 270lb lot. Someone check my math please.

That is what I get as well. Keep in mind that SOME of these may be blanks and therefore unusable....but can still be sold for scrap. Any idea what the going rate on the lots are?

Greg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That is what I get as well. Keep in mind that SOME of these may be blanks and therefore unusable....but can still be sold for scrap. Any idea what the going rate on the lots are?

Greg
    The smaller ones like that normally go for more than $2 a pound. I'm not sure about 7.62 brass, but I think 5.56 brass is right around 16 lb/1000. I'm guessing 7.62 will be double that (about 32lb/1000).

That would come out to about 63/lb and 31/lb, respectively. Its less than half price of what once-fired brass normally sells for, and anything that is scrap can be resold for market value (around $1/lb). That is why I'm seriously considering it. The larger lots normally don't sell for much over scrap price (so closer to $1/lb) so if you have the capital to buy a larger lot, then resell it for just under market value on 1X brass, you could make a 3-400% profit (if you have the time to sort it too).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ...so if you have the capital to buy a larger lot, then resell it for just under market value on 1X brass, you could make a 3-400% profit (if you have the time to sort it too).

1. I have done many gov't and edu auctions before.
    2. My wife has a good memory.
    3. My wife has just made threats against my well being if I got a Uhaul and a serious brass cleaner to run 24/7 for the next month.
    4. My wife has no sense of entrepreneurial spirit and, for some things, no sense of humor.

Lesson learned:

You only get to fill your garage to the ceiling with scrap materials once or twice in marriage. After that...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    1. I have done many gov't and edu auctions before.
    2. My wife has a good memory.
    3. My wife has just made threats against my well being if I got a Uhaul and a serious brass cleaner to run 24/7 for the next month.
    4. My wife has no sense of entrepreneurial spirit and, for some things, no sense of humor.

Lesson learned:

You only get to fill your garage to the ceiling with scrap materials once or twice in marriage. After that...
    I'm pretty sure if all works well, and it doesn't effect her much (other than financially for a time) and then she sees the money rolling in, she'd be ok with it the next time. But as soon as it becomes a losing proposition, it'd all be over.

Top Bottom